Franklin and Tess have always considered themselves to be lucky that they’d found each other. After years of never finding the right person, crossing paths always seemed like a dream come true. But lately, things have changed and both Franklin and Tess are feeling frustrated. Even though they still love each other, finding the time and the motivation to connect the way that they used to hasn’t been able to happen. When they do find time to talk together, passive-aggressive comments and communication styles seem to be holding them back.
But Tess doesn’t want these issues to continue—neither does Franklin. After a late-night talk, they’ve agreed that partnering with a couples therapist will be part of their solution. Even though they’re both feeling hesitant, and haven’t been to couples therapy before, they’re reassured by the fact that a mental health professional may help them to find solid ground and reconnect once more.
If you can relate to Tess and Franklin’s situation, then it’s possible that your relationship is struggling with its own set of issues. At Thriveworks in Beaumont, TX, we’re committed to helping you to reach your relationship goals. Our therapists and counselors are ready to partner with both of you to make your bond stronger, and your connection healthier than ever.
Are There Benefits to Talking with a Couples Therapist or Marriage Counselor?
Of course—at Thriveworks in Beaumont, TX we believe that any relationship, regardless of how long the partners have been together, can benefit from couples therapy or marriage counseling. While deciding to talk with a mental health professional is a personal choice that both of you will have to make, there’s no need to confront the challenges in your relationship by yourselves. Working together with a provider can allow both of you to:
- Establish healthy boundaries
- Highlight the importance and need for compromise
- Rebuild trust after infidelity or dishonesty
- Rekindle sexual intimacy together
- Help both partners manage anger or anxiety
While sharing the private details of your relationship and connection with someone unfamiliar might feel uncomfortable or intimidating at first, the truth is that our providers are committed to helping you both to move forward and to find new ways to connect and establish trust.
Should We Talk with a Relationship Counselor?
As with deciding to seek counseling, determining whether a relationship needs counseling or therapy services is up to those involved. But with that in mind, there are several common indications or signs that serve as warnings when a relationship’s dynamics have started to sour, including:
- Passive-aggressive or abusive behavior
- Arguments that last for hours or days
- Avoiding physical touch or sex
- Inability to respect each other’s boundaries
- Lying and other forms of emotional manipulation
If you and your partner are experiencing any of the signs listed above, there’s no need to feel shame or to be worried about being judged by a provider. Our marriage counselors and couples therapists are simply here to help. It may actually be beneficial to view mental health assistance as a proactive way to ensure that your bond endures and that both of you are able to remain present and committed to the relationship.
Call Thriveworks in Beaumont, TX to Schedule a Couples Therapy or Marriage Counseling Session Today
There’s no need to delay if you believe that your relationship could benefit from talking with a marriage counselor or couples therapist. Reach out to our office in Beaumont TX to get started. Our providers are ready to help you get moving in the right direction. You can also rest easy knowing that we’ll reach out as soon as we can—most of our clients report that their first appointment occurred within 24-48hrs of their first call.
Give us a call to start your Thriveworks journey; and when you’ve finished, you’ll have instant access to great benefits, like:
- Online therapy: With online therapy, moving your relationship forward doesn’t need to be held up by your busy schedule or time spent apart for work or travel. As long as you can talk privately, and get access to the internet, you and your partner can still attend sessions together
- Scheduling assistance 7 days a week: Our scheduling specialists are available every day of the week, helping you find the right counselor to fit your needs and the schedule that fits both of your lives.
- Life coach q/a chat line: For those questions that can’t wait until your next session.
When your relationship starts to falter, it’s okay to lean on our team in Beaumont, TX for expert assistance and support. Your connection to your partner comes first—partner with one of our providers to help preserve that special bond.