Online Counseling in Tucson, AZ Pima County—Does it Work?
Safe social distancing measures to stop the spread of COVID-19 has probably changed your day-to-day routine. With new routines, an uncertain future, and lack of social contact, your mental health might be struggling. There is nothing wrong with this! A lot of things are happening in the world and not all of them are positive. Anxiety, depression, stress, exhaustion, and strained relationships are just a few of the reasons you might want to see a Tucson counselor. But with coronavirus discouraging face-to-face meetings, can you still see a therapist?
Yes! Thriveworks Tucson offers online counseling, or telehealth therapy as it is also known, to give you the best support and encouragement for your mental health. With online therapy, you don’t even need to leave your living room to start feeling better. Research has shown that remote counseling is just effective as in-person counseling. In some situations, it is more effective.
Just because you are unable to see a counselor face-to-face doesn’t mean you should lose the opportunity to heal and grow. Thriveworks Tucson works hard to ensure that however you want to heal and grow, you have access to the tools to do so.
If you’re interested in learning more about what online therapy is like, you can read an article here. Or, give us a call.
Online Therapy at Thriveworks Tucson—Does it Work?
Distance counseling might sound strange. The image often associated with counseling is two people sitting in a room talking on comfy couches. Our couches are indeed comfortable and are always open! (Providing we can meet safely inside social-distancing guidelines.)
However, that is far from the only method to receive counseling. Online therapy and telehealth services provide the same efficiency and benefit as in-person services but with a few added bonuses:
- It’s convenient: If you live far away from a counseling office or don’t have time to commute to one, therapy might seem impossible. With online therapy, you don’t have to worry about going anywhere besides reaching for your phone or laptop!
- It’s comfortable: While Thriveworks Tucson always creates safe, comfortable spaces for you to come and receive top-notch therapy, your home will probably be more comfortable. With online therapy, you don’t even have to change out of your pajamas!
- It’s safe: Studies have shown how online counseling can be more effective for people who have trouble opening up in a face-to-face session. Therapy is contingent on open, honest communication between counselor and client. For many the ability to talk virtually gives them the comfort and confidence to open up. This moves the counseling process along faster.
- It’s an easy entrance point: If you’re nervous about starting therapy for the first time, you’re not alone! Opening ourselves up to a stranger about mental, behavioral, and emotional problems that may plaguing you for years can be stressful. Thriveworks Tucson understands your hesitancy. One study by the Stanford University School of Medicine showed that college students who required more intensive in-patient therapy for eating disorders were more likely to go after interacting with an online life coach. We’re not saying intensive care is in your future. Simply, our goal has always been to make counseling accessible to everyone. Online counseling can be a way to receive important therapy without the pressure of meeting face-to-face.
- It’s effective: As technology advanced many therapists were interested in the usefulness of telehealth therapy. Study after study have been done and they have shown that online therapy does work. One 2018 study published in the Journal of Psychological Disorders stated that online therapy is “effective, acceptable and practical health care.” Their study focused on treating major depression, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder, however the results have been extrapolated to other disorders.
You deserve to feel your best. Online therapy with Thriveworks Tucson AZ is a way for you to receive professional, nonjudgmental help from the comfort and convenience of your home. To schedule an online appointment or to learn more about the services Thriveworks Tucson offers to Pima County, give us a call today.