Online Therapy in Tucson, AZ Pima County
With the spread of COVID-19 and the responding stay-at-home recommendations and social distancing, your life has probably changed. While change itself is not a bad thing, the sudden onset of it and the consequences that follow can have negative impacts on your life and mental health. While you are staying safe at home and trying to cope with the changes in your life, Thriveworks Tucson is doing our part by working from home and offering online counseling.
“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.”
Online therapy, also known as telehealth therapy, provides you professional, empathetic, nonjudgmental mental and behavioral health guidance from the comfort and convenience of your home (or even your car or office!). If you’re ready to start working towards a brighter future, give us a call today.
What is Online Therapy with Thriveworks Tucson AZ?
Online Therapy might sound intimidating, but it’s really easy to use! Not much will change. Nearly all forms of counseling can be done via telehealth. There is no problem too big or too small that our Pima County counselors cannot handle.
You might see an online counselor for issues such as:
- Anxiety, depression, or other mental health concerns
- Family our couples therapy
- Trouble adjusting to major life changes
- Child therapy (including play therapy and counseling for ADHD and autism spectrum disorders)
- COVID-19 anxiety or help adjusting to life at home and the feelings of boredom or loneliness that can come from it.
- Substance abuse and addictions
Much more! Anything you would like to change or improve in your life can be discussed in a telehealth therapy session with Thriveworks Tucson AZ, Pima County.
You might still have some concerns about how online counseling works and what it will be like. Thriveworks Tucson counselors work hard to make sure our telehealth services are just as easy and comfortable to use as our in-person services. There are two ways you can receive counseling virtually:
- Video Counseling: The process for video counseling is the same as phone counseling, except instead of a phone call from your counselor you will receive a link to a video conference. Follow the link at your appointment time and you’re good to go!
- Phone Counseling: Grab your phone, maybe some snacks or a favorite beverage, get comfortable, and wait for your counselor’s call! They are scheduled the same way in-person therapy at Thriveworks Tucson are scheduled. (We would need to verify that your insurance covers this service, if chosen)
Thriveworks Tucson serves Pima County with the same energy and authenticity as before. Our core beliefs about counseling does not change with an online counseling session. This means we still adhere to our core values:
- We will meet you where you’re at: You deserve to be heard. With social distancing in place you might be feeling lonely and forgotten. Thriveworks Tucson wants to hear your voice and remind you that you are never alone. Whatever you are struggling with our counselor will never expect you to be farther along the counseling process than you are. We work with
- We will keep the session safe: With thousands of people flooding video conferencing tools, you may have concerns about safety and confidentiality. The counselors in Tucson, AZ always put safety first. Our video counseling and phone counseling sessions are just as confidential as our in-person sessions.
- We will keep online therapy affordable: Did you know most insurances cover online therapy just the same as in-person therapy? They do! We also offer an affordable self-pay rate.
- We will remain nonjudgmental and empathetic: We believe everyone can grow and heal from their past, even if the paths we take to get there might be different. Our job as Tucson therapists is to support and encourage you along your way while providing professional guidance.
- We will be your biggest supporters and encouragers: At the end of the day, it is you taking the steps to improve your mental health and your life. It is you who has the courage and strength to attend counseling and apply the tools you learn. We are here to help, and we will have your back every step of the way.
- We will use our training and knowledge to the best of our ability, holding none of it back. Our Tucson Counselors have served Pima county for years. Our training and experience are all so that we can better serve you.
Online therapy is not so different from in-person therapy. The same benefits can be reaped from telehealth as in-person therapy. The only difference is where the counseling takes place. If you want to learn more about telehealth therapy or to schedule an online appointment today, call us today.