Psychiatry is a specialized mental health field that focuses on treating the body as well as the mind. The resources and perspective psychiatric professionals can give to their patients can be very effective in alleviating harmful symptoms and adjusting detrimental behavior, with the goal of using medicine to improve people’s mental health.
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Tuscon can give you excellent psychiatric care through our many psychiatric nurse practitioners (NPs). Our NPs at Thriveworks Tucson will use their expertise to listen to your concerns and give you the support and assistance you need to start living the life you want to live.
What Is Psychiatry?
Psychiatry is a mental health field that focuses on diagnosing and treating mental health conditions and disorders. Psychiatrists themselves are medical doctors that specialize in mental health and treat behavioral, mental, and emotional conditions.
What makes psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse practitioners different from counselors and therapists is that their training and education allows them to prescribe medications to their patients. Psychiatrists and psychiatric NPs can also be licensed counselors, but their medical backgrounds are what enable them to prescribe medication.
Psychiatrists professionals combine their strong medical backgrounds and their knowledge of and access to medication to treat a wide array of mental health conditions. They can perform psychological tests to assess your condition, present you with treatment options, and discuss next steps for your treatment.
Is Psychiatry Right for Me?
If you are struggling with your mental health and are seeking help, a psychiatrist might be a good fit for you, especially if you believe that bodily or medical issues may be playing a strong part.
There are many signs that someone might need psychiatric care, though mental health struggles will look different in everyone. Some examples of reasons why people seek mental health care include:
- Intense changes in mood; severe emotional outbursts
- Extreme worry or anxiety
- Panic attacks
- Delusions or hallucinations
- Drastic changes in sleeping habits
- Changes in eating habits; issues with body image
- Trouble with motivation, concentration, and memory
- Feelings of despair, hopelessness, or worthlessness
- Extreme mental and physical fatigue
- Experiencing a traumatic event
- Substance abuse
These are some of the most common reasons why people might seek psychiatry, but even if you may be considering it for other reasons, reach out to a mental health professional about your concerns.
How to Do Psychiatry Online: Telehealth and Psychiatry
Online psychiatry, also referred to as telehealth psychiatry, can be a great resource for those who would like access to therapeutic services but may not have the same flexibility in their time and mobility as others.
It works nearly identically to traditional psychiatry, except it takes place wherever you’d like (as long as it’s a private space and you have reliable internet connection). Online psychiatry has been shown to increase accessibility while maintaining the effectiveness of the treatment.
By meeting with an online psychiatrist, clients can see their providers from the comfort of their homes, without spending time driving to or from, finding child care, or waiting in waiting rooms. Additionally, online psychiatry cuts down on wait times while it saves you time and transportation money.
Why Should I Work With a Tucson Psychiatrist? How Thriveworks Psychiatry Can Help You
If you’re wondering, “How do I find a psychiatrist near me?” or how to find psychiatrists in Tucson, AZ, look no further than Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Tucson. We offer both online and in-person appointments with qualified and experienced psychiatric nurse practitioners.
Our psychiatric NPs are ready to listen to your concerns with empathy and support. You’ll work collaboratively so that they can best assess your needs and help you work through your issues, using a treatment plan that works best for you.
Other benefits to working with Thriveworks psychiatric nurse practitioners include:
- Insurance accepted: We accept a wide range of insurance plans, as well as offering affordable self-pay options for those who are uninsured or not covered.
- Evening and weekend appointments: We want our schedule to fit yours, so we offer appointments on both evenings and weekends, in addition to standard daytime and week-day sessions.
- No waitlists: New clients meet with their Thriveworks provider often within the same week of scheduling.
- High-touch support: Whether you contact them via phone or email, the Thriveworks support team is there to offer you high-quality support 7 days a week.
- Lasting relationships: Our clinical team is dedicated to building long-standing careers here and lasting relationships with clients.
How to Find the Right Psychiatrist
To find a psychiatrist at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry in Tucson, AZ, you can simply go online and book an appointment or call one of our scheduling specialists. They can set you up with an appointment quickly and easily, hassle-free. Book today with a Thriveworks psychiatric NP to get the help you need and deserve.