Sylmar CA Anxiety and Depression Support
Living life with anxiety and depression can be painful. You have an unseen illness, a condition that saps away your happiness and energy almost every day. As you go about your daily tasks, you can feel this it at the edge of your thoughts, an intruder that’s constantly following you. You’re always on guard, ready to react at a moment’s notice. You constantly worry that it keeps you from being your best. The intruder always seems to tell you that you should be doing more, sapping the joy from any success.
Symptoms of Anxiety and Depression
While the exact symptoms and their severity may be slightly different for each person, there are some common symptoms for anxiety and depression. These common symptoms occur because the human body reacts in fairly specific ways when dealing with these mood disorders. Some common symptoms of anxiety and stress may include:
- Excessive Nervousness – You find yourself much more nervous about common situations, such as worry about going shopping.
- Changes in Appetite – You might discover you seem to be eating constantly, or craving ‘comfort foods’. Or the opposite may happen and no food seems appealing, even some of your favorites.
- Fatigue or Lethargy – You might realize you’re moving more slowly when it comes to doing normal tasks, or you may feel like you’re constantly tired, even after a good night’s sleep.
- Irregular Sleep Patterns – You may find yourself unable to fall asleep or stay asleep. You may also experience times where you can’t seem to wake up at your normal time.
- Digestive Problems – You might have repetitive bouts of gas, constipation, or diarrhea, issues that can’t be explained by what you’re eating.
- Obsessing Over Specific Thoughts – You may have a repetitive mantra in your head, a though pattern that makes it hard for you to concentrate on more important tasks.
- Repeatedly Performing Certain Behaviors – You might find you are constantly cleaning the kitchen, even if you just completed the same task a few hours ago.
With anxiety and depression, these symptoms persist for weeks, even months. They intrude in your life and make it hard for you to have the peace you’re used to.
Thriveworks Sylmar CA Counselors are Available
When it comes to anxiety and depression, there is some good news. You don’t have to face these conditions alone. Research shows these conditions respond well to treatment, including the counseling we offer at Thriveworks Sylmar. We have expert therapists, educated and experienced professionals who truly want to help you. As you work with us, we will develop a customized plan that can help you manage your symptoms and return to a normal life.
Get Help From Thriveworks Sylmar
You don’t have to live your life weighed down with anxiety and depression. Though it might be a challenge, asking for help from Thriveworks Sylmar CA counselors can be the boost you need. Our experts want to help. Once you begin working with us, you’re one step closer to a healthier life.
Begin by scheduling an appointment with one of Thriveworks expert counselors.