How we handle the stressful situations that pop up in life has a lot to do with our mental and emotional health. When we’re in a good place mentally and emotionally, we’re better able to handle the little inconveniences that interrupt our day-to-day routines. But when we’re taxed mentally and emotionally, little stressors can suddenly become big problems.
Consider these scenarios:
- You’re heading back to work for the first time since the birth of your first child. You’re imagining how they’re doing in daycare when a car runs a red light, nearly hitting you. You lay on your horn and then pull over to the side of the road, barely able to catch your breath. In the weeks that follow, you start taking your child out of daycare more and more because you’re nervous to have them out of your sight.
- You plan on throwing a surprise birthday party for your great aunt with the money you’ve been able to put away. When you go to adjust the thermostat, the air conditioning unit dies. The cost of replacing it makes you cry.
- You ask your friend for an honest opinion about your outfit. When he tells you he doesn’t like it, you ruminate on his words for days and spend an excruciating amount of time on every outfit you pick out for the next two weeks.
One of the most common misconceptions about counseling is that it only caters to those with severe mental illnesses. But therapists, counselors, and other providers are actually able to give care to people suffering from a range of mental and emotional stressors. Whether you’re seeking psychiatric care for major depressive disorder or you’d like to talk to a life coach about the next step of your career, our professionals at Thriveworks can assist you.
The stigma around mental health doesn’t have to stop you from pursuing your personal goals. Each of us will feel overwhelmed at some point in our life. When we encounter these moments, it’s best to seek the assistance of a trained professional who can offer guidance and support. To pair up with a psychiatrist or other provider in St. Paul, MN, please give us a call. We’d love to work with you.
Should I Seek Counseling?
Whether you’re experiencing a tough situation in your life or dealing with symptoms of a mental illness, counseling and therapy services can help. While mental health professionals can help you cope with anxiety or depression, you can also visit a counseling center for mental and emotional wellness checkups just as you would go to the doctor or dentist for general physical and dental wellness checkups.
Even if you’re not sure what’s wrong but you just know that something is “off,” a psychiatrist, counselor, therapist, or other Thriveworks provider can provide a safe space to discuss whatever’s on your mind.
Some of the most common reasons clients speak to us include:
- Career uncertainties
- Financial disagreements
- Depression or other mood disorders
- Panic disorder or other anxiety disorders
- Child behavioral issues
- Goal-setting issues
- Compulsive disorders
- Trauma or abuse
- Relationship issues
Our clients have sought our services for these and many other reasons. If you’re interested in getting professional support to improve your wellbeing, reach out to us at Thriveworks in St. Paul, MN to set up an appointment.
Which Mental Health Services Do You Offer?
We offer a variety of mental health services to cater to individuals, families, and groups as well as to adults and children alike. Some of our services include:
- Marriage and relationship counseling
- Family and child therapy
- Life coaching services and career planning services
- Anxiety counseling and depression therapy
- PTSD counseling and trauma therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Grief and loss counseling
- Stress and anger management
To begin therapy or counseling sessions, give us a call at Thriveworks in St. Paul, MN. We’ll set you up with a professional care provider who can assist you with your wellness plan.
Licensed Psychiatry Services
Licensed psychiatrists are medically trained mental and emotional health experts who can prescribe and administer medication. As medical doctors, psychiatrists are able to diagnose and treat both the physical and mental symptoms associated with mental health issues.
Psychiatrists go through medical school and a psychiatry residency. During that time, they spend years studying, examining, and treating mental and emotional health disorders such as persistent depressive disorder, social anxiety disorder, social phobias, and many more.
Psychiatric services include diagnosis, treatment, and prevention. Treatment plans may vary but clients can typically anticipate some form of talk therapy, medication, or a combination of the two. To begin your treatment, reach out to us at Thriveworks in St. Paul, MN.
Book With Thriveworks in St. Paul, MN Today
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. While that first step may be scary, each subsequent step gets a little easier over time.
If you’re considering counseling or therapy, you’re already well on your way to making your mental wellness goals a reality. To begin your journey, reach out to our scheduling team to make an appointment. Our office is open early and closes late, and we even offer weekend sessions to accommodate busy schedules.
You can take your first step today. Call us and set up an appointment at Thriveworks in St. Paul, MN. Let’s walk this road together.