There’s a longstanding misconception that counseling services are only for those with severe mental disorders such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and major depressive disorder. But the truth is, many people suffer from different types of emotional and mental illnesses, disorders, and challenges that benefit from specialized care.
Consider the scenarios below:
- Over the years, a high school teacher has referred more than one of her students to counseling services for suspected abuse. But what her peers and pupils don’t know is that she suffers from nightly mental and emotional abuse at home. She keeps telling herself that next time will be different, but, deep down, she knows she needs help.
- After three decades of marriage, a couple decides to go their separate ways but the former husband is having difficulty deciding what to do next. With a grown child, no house, and a town he’s not particularly invested in, the possibilities are overwhelming. How can he take his next steps?
Both of these individuals have specific needs that can be addressed with personalized counseling or therapy services. Whether or not their needs match your own, know that help is available. When you book an appointment with our staff at Thriveworks in Scottsdale, AZ, you can expect to receive thoughtful care from a compassionate team member. You just have to take the first step.
Can Counseling Benefit Me?
If you’ve ever felt that something about your life — such as depression, anxiety, or self-esteem issues — has gotten in the way of your goals, counseling or therapy may be right for you.
Some of the more common reasons people reach out for help can include:
- Major life transitions
- Physical, mental, and emotional abuse
- Addiction and substance abuse
- Career guidance
- Anxiety and depression
- Relationship issues
- Child behavioral problems
- Eating disorders
A therapist, counselor, psychiatrist, or psychologist can provide the tools and support you need to make long-lasting, positive changes in your life. To get started, simply reach out to our team at Thriveworks in Scottsdale, AZ.
Mental Health Services Available at Thriveworks in Scottsdale, AZ
Because we know different people face different challenges, we offer a variety of mental health services. Some of our most popular services include:
- Grief counseling
- PTSD and trauma therapy
- Anxiety and depression therapy
- Family and child counseling
- Couples and marriage counseling
- Career counseling and life coach services
- Stress management services
- Eating disorder counseling
Oftentimes, clients are unaware of which services might be the most beneficial to them. To help with this, our counselors and therapists are trained to build a treatment plan that’s customized specifically for your symptoms, concerns, and goals for treatment. No matter what problem you’re facing, your mental and emotional health will be in good hands.
Licensed Psychiatry: Can It Benefit Me?
A board-certified psychiatrist is a medical professional who must be recertified every ten years in order to continue practicing. Because of their background in medicine, a psychiatrist has a license to prescribe medicine and to treat physical symptoms that may accompany psychological disorders.
In addition to providing medication, psychiatrists can offer services such as psychoanalytic therapy and interpersonal therapy. They may also recommend self-care techniques such as exercise, caffeine avoidance, and mindfulness.
To get started with a licensed psychiatrist, set up an online or in-person appointment with us at our Thriveworks Counseling in Scottsdale, AZ.
Scheduling Appointments at Thriveworks in Scottsdale, AZ
At Thriveworks, we believe that the benefits of talking to a trained mental health professional are immeasurable. We know that the everyday rigors of life can add undue stress and strain but by working together, we can help alleviate some of these challenges and help you find a better path forward.
Our counselors, therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, and other mental health professionals are here to provide enduring support. We offer convenient perks such as weekend and evening counseling sessions, online life coach services, and exclusive video content.
New clients are often eligible to be seen within 24 to 48 hours of booking an appointment with us, and online counseling services are available via phone or video. Additionally, we offer:
- A flexible cancellation policy
- Offices with early opening hours and late closing hours
- Between-session access to your provider via phone or email
- Access to our proprietary Therapy Buddy app
Whether it’s individual support or support for families or couples, we’re committed to providing convenient and quality care. If you’d like to see what we can do for you, please schedule an appointment with us at Thriveworks in Scottsdale, AZ. We look forward to working with you as you begin your journey toward sound mental and emotional health.