A therapist has an education specifically rooted in therapeutic practice, approaches, techniques, and treatment. They cannot prescribe medications for clients, thought they often refer clients to psychiatrists for medication management. Psychiatrists are medically trained doctors who specialize in mental health treatment, mainly through medication management and prescription, though they can also practice therapy.
Selena and her boyfriend, Marco, have been planning on taking a vacation for weeks. Selena is excited to get some time away from their apartment and from work, but Marco is still worried that something’s troubling her. Up until their vacation, Selena was acting despondent and apathetic towards him, her hobbies, even friends and family. Even though he knows their vacation plans will help, Marco is worried that when they get back, Selena’s condition will get even worse.
That’s why Marco sat down and talked with Selena about seeing a psychiatrist. He explained his concerns and pointed out that a mental health professional could make a big difference. Selena agreed and knows that Marco cares about her. Seeing a psychiatrist could help her find relief, and she doesn’t want to keep experiencing the ups and downs that her emotions put her through.
At Thriveworks in Pasadena, TX our team of highly skilled and experienced psychiatrists is ready to work with you to achieve your mental health goals. Our psychiatrists can help to diagnose and treat numerous types of mental health conditions. But one thing that distinguishes them from other providers is that they’re able to prescribe helpful medication, too.
What Is a Psychiatrist?
At Thriveworks, our psychiatrists are:
- Medical doctors: This means that they use their knowledge of medicine in combination with their therapeutic background. The result is a client experience that’s tailored to their specific situation and set of mental health needs.
- Able to prescribe medication: These prescriptions assist people in managing their mental health issues. While not everyone will need prescription medicine, it’s just another unique way that psychiatry can benefit certain individuals.
- Available online: It’s hard to find time to commute to a psychiatrist’s office while you’re working, balancing family life, and trying to stay on top of other commitments you’ve made. With online psychiatry, say goodbye to not being able to prioritize your mental health needs because of a hectic schedule. Connect from home, the office, or really anywhere. As long as you have reliable internet and the ability to talk privately, online psychiatry can be taken with you.
Psychiatrists are often the best choice for more persistent or severe forms of mental health conditions, especially mood or behavioral disorders like major depression or ADHD, respectively.
Should I See an Online Psychiatrist?
While online psychiatry isn’t for everyone, many everyday people meet with our psychiatrists for assistance with a variety of mental health conditions, including:
- Eating disorders
- Social anxiety
These are only a few of the many different mental health conditions that our psychiatrists at Thriveworks in Pasadena, TX can help you with. By talking with them openly and honestly, you can provide your psychiatrist with the information they need to understand your situation. And with Thriveworks, our psychiatrists are available 100% virtually, which means you can look forward to perks like:
- Connect anywhere: There’s no need to travel to a brick-and-mortar office to fill a prescription or to attend a therapy session.
- Attend convenient appointments: For those who are busy, traveling, or just tired, getting the psychiatric services you need shouldn’t be harder. We offer weekend and evening session times, just for you.
- Prioritize yourself, too: Online therapy is an easy way for those who take care of elderly relatives or watch children to find time to prioritize themselves, too.
- Lessen session anxiety: For some, meeting virtually is less stressful than meeting your provider in person. Online psychiatry can make treatment more comfortable.
Schedule an Online Psychiatry Session with Thriveworks in Pasadena, TX
If you think you might benefit from talking to a psychiatrist, give our team a call. Psychiatric services with Thriveworks are discrete, convenient, and secure—each virtual session is fully protected by HIPAA. In addition to protecting your information, we’ve also tailored our scheduling process to be as easy and straightforward as possible.
Our staff of scheduling specialists is available seven days a week by phone to assist you. With their help, everything from setting up your insurance to booking your first session can be easily accomplished. And choosing to become a Thriveworks client opens the door to a wide variety of benefits, including:
- A fast response time from your provider’s office. Most of our clients have their first session within 24-48 hours of calling in for the first time.
- Flexible appointment options, including those in the evenings and on the weekends.
- Access to our Therapy Buddy app.
- Ask a life coach a question, with our Q&A chat feature.
If online or in-person psychiatric care sounds like it could improve your quality of life, our staff in Pasadena, TX is waiting for your call. Experience the benefits and relief that online psychiatry can offer to you.