There are many different mental health conditions we know of, over 200 in fact. Some of them you may even encounter in your own life at some point, like anxiety and depression. Although battling a mental illness sounds scary, it’s not impossible. Luckily, licensed and experienced mental health professionals such as counselors, psychologists, and psychiatrists are able to help you through your journey no matter how tough.
If we start being honest about our pain, our anger, and our shortcomings instead of pretending they don’t exist, then maybe we’ll leave the world a better place than we found it.” – Russell Wilson
Psychiatrists can help you through the different stages of your mental health journey. The psychiatrists at Thriveworks in Lexington Counseling are able to assist you with the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders. They can also take care of your medication management needs and will ensure you’re taking the right medication at the right time.
Our psychiatrists conduct the majority of their appointments online, which means you can get the help you need from anywhere, via telephone or video chat. If you feel like meeting with a psychiatrist might benefit you, consider reaching out to our office.
What Is Medication Management?
Medication management is quite simple – your psychiatrist will work with you to ensure you’re taking the right medication, at the right time of day, correctly. Working with a licensed psychiatrist or nurse practitioner has benefits that go beyond just taking the right medication. They can also determine when you might need to up your dosage, decrease your dosage, and switch to a different medication if something isn’t working. If you are prescribed a medication, make sure to:
- Let your provider know about the medications or supplements you are currently taking
- Talk about any allergies or negative reactions you’ve had with any medications in the past
- Understand how much medication you need and when to take it before you start using it
- Call your provider if you are having any problems or concerns about your medication
- Ask your psychiatrist any questions you have prior to starting something new
Most people assume that only the most severe mental health conditions require medication. However, that is not always the case. You may not have the most severe case of depression, but you could still benefit from the help of medication to pull you out of your rut. Antidepressants, mood stabilizers, and other psychiatric medications can benefit people with conditions like:
- Adjustment disorders
- Other mood disorders
If you are battling a mental health condition and feel like you could benefit from getting the help of an online psychiatrist, consider reaching out to our office. We’d love to work with you.
Benefits of Online Psychiatry
Our psychiatrists and nurse practitioners are certified, experienced, client-focused, and caring. Our goal is to help you better manage and ultimately overcome the thing that’s holding you back. There are many benefits to working with an online psychiatrist at Thriveworks Counseling in Lexington, MA, including:
- Comfort: Working with a professional online instead of in-person makes many people feel more comfortable. In addition, being able to speak with your provider from virtually anywhere is a great added benefit.
- Convenience: In addition, working with a psychiatrist online versus in-person is often more convenient. It doesn’t require you to commute to an office but instead allows you to attend your session from wherever is convenient for you.
- Fast turnaround: You won’t have to worry about a waitlist or have a hard time scheduling an appointment. We dedicate ourselves to being available to our clients as quickly as possible because we understand how important it is to receive the care you need when you need it.
If you have been searching for comfortable, convenient care, you’re in the right place.
Schedule an Appointment with an Online Psychiatrist in Lexington, MA
If you are experiencing symptoms of a mental illness, consider reaching out to our office. To get started with one of our psychiatrists, schedule online or give us a call at (781) 786-7267. One of our scheduling specialists can get you into your first session within 24 hours of your initial call. We offer flexible hours to accommodate you and your schedule, including weekends.
We understand how difficult it can be to battle mental illnesses on your own. Let us help guide and support you through this journey. We’d be honored.