The NFL quarterback Russell Wilson wrote in 2014 about being a bully when he was younger. Having overcome those aggressive tendencies as a successful adult, he stated, “If we start being honest about our pain, our anger, and our shortcomings instead of pretending they don’t exist, then maybe we’ll leave the world a better place than we found it.” He wasn’t ashamed to face the person he was and take the necessary steps to improve his mental wellbeing. But speaking openly about his emotional struggles and his poor treatment of others, he aimed to show other people in the NFL that they didn’t have to shy away from their own issues.
We don’t all have the media platform that an NFL quarterback has, but we all have the ability to access the mental health resources we need to feel and do better. Online counseling at Thriveworks in Oklahoma City, OK helps to make therapy easy, convenient, and affordable for everyone who needs it. Mental health care is health care, and the team at Thriveworks helps deliver compassionate, expert psychological support to all people through virtual counseling.
Is Online Counseling Effective?
Online counseling has been proven just as effective as in-person counseling, aka face to face counseling. Online counselors and therapists at Thriveworks in Oklahoma City, OK are fully licensed and can conduct comprehensive, high-quality sessions via a secure telehealth connection. Some clients even prefer online therapy because they can do it from the comfort of their own homes. Thriveworks online counseling clients can also benefit from these virtual therapy services in the following ways:
- They have more scheduling flexibility, like booking sessions on evenings and weekends.
- They may not need to hire babysitters or take time off work to attend sessions.
- They can do sessions while they’re traveling for work or pleasure.
- They can do group therapy without needing to rearrange everyone’s schedule to be in the same place at the same time.
- They may feel safer discussing intimate matters from familiar surroundings.
- They get more specialized provider options because they’re not limited by geography.
- They can attend sessions even if they or their therapist worries about spreading germs.
- They don’t involve a waiting room.
- They allow sessions even when you have mobility issues from a physical disability or an emotional/behavioral issue.
- They can still have top-rated therapy sessions even if they reside in rural or remote areas.
- They can enjoy a greater degree of privacy and anonymity by not having to go to a clinic in-person.
- They benefit from a secure, HIPAA-compliant online therapy platform that allows them to video-conference with their therapist face-to-face and reap all the benefits of nonverbal communication.
Where Can I Find an Online Psychiatrist?
Thriveworks psychiatrists in Oklahoma, OK can meet with clients online to diagnose, treat, and help prevent mental health conditions like depression and anxiety. Psychiatrists are medical doctors who can prescribe medication and manage prescription drugs like antidepressants. Thriveworks online psychiatrists (telepsychiatrists) offer a full suite of specialized services online, and clients never need to leave their homes to benefit.
Can Couples Do Online Marriage Counseling?
Licensed counselors and therapists at Thriveworks in Oklahoma, OK can facilitate online counseling sessions for couples and family members. Many of the therapeutic exercises that work so well in person can be adapted to work just as well online. Plus they work well for family members who live far away from each other, for example if a child is at college.
Is Online Counseling Affordable?
Online counseling at Thriveworks in Oklahoma, OK is fully licensed therapy that is covered by most major health insurance plans, thus it’s very affordable. If you don’t have medical insurance, Thriveworks offers reasonable self-pay rates. Anyone who is uncertain about health insurance coverage can call the Thriveworks office and our highly-trained staff can help answer your questions and contact your insurance company if necessary.
If you have financial concerns, it’s sometimes helpful to think about the potential costs of not prioritizing your mental health. Untreated depression, anxiety, and other mental health conditions can cause major disruptions in daily functioning. And even mild psychological or behavioral issues can prevent you from living your best life. Early intervention is best, but it’s never too late to seek the support that you need.
Explore the Benefits of Online Counseling with Thriveworks in Oklahoma City, OK
When you call the Thriveworks office in Oklahoma City, OK, you can often meet with a top-rated online counselor as early as the next day. Most Thriveworks clients have their first session in 24-48 hours after their initial call. As an added enrollment benefit, Thriveworks clients can access their provider by phone and email between talk therapy sessions. And Thriveworks therapy appointments begin on-time or early over 97% of the time.
We look forward to helping you on your path to mental wellbeing!