Lacey and her father, Patrick, haven’t always gotten along. They have a lot in common, but they share different viewpoints on many things, too. Many of their issues started when Lacey decided to seek a career that her father didn’t approve of. As a result, they’ve butted heads for years now, and it’s starting to wear on both of them. But Lacey wants to improve their relationship, and she knows her father cares about her.
After some thinking, Lacey wants to schedule a session with a psychologist: someone who can help them navigate the hurdles in their relationship and offer them new ways to connect. After Lacey suggested the idea, her father, Patrick, was hesitant. But he listened to his daughter and realized she had several good points: talking with a professional could help them to understand one another better. And now that they live in different cities, online therapy seems like a good choice.
While your situation may not be identical to Lacey and Patrick’s, at Thriveworks in Gilbert, AZ we believe that anyone, regardless of their age or background, can benefit from talking with one of our psychologists. It’s normal to feel held back by outdated misconceptions and stigmas associated with seeking mental health services. But talking to one of our psychologists isn’t a sign of defeat or weakness—it’s a great way to prioritize your personal wellbeing.
What Does a Psychologist Do?
A psychologist is a licensed mental health professional who can help diagnose and treat many different types of mental health conditions and disorders. Our psychologists help everyday people just like you with issues such as:
- Difficulty processing a divorce or breakup
- Self-esteem issues
- Relationship problems
- Child or teen behavioral issues
- The loss of a friend or family member
- Financial or work-related stress
There’s no need to worry if you aren’t seeing your specific situation or problem being listed. These are just a few of the many different issues and conditions that our psychologists can assist you with. Our mental health professionals know that each client is different; by speaking openly and honestly with them, you can provide the feedback they need to help you identify your mental health needs and to start solving them.
How Can a Psychologist Help?
Psychologists may use talk or behavioral therapy during sessions to assist clients in working through the problems that are bothering them. Therapy can occur in person, or virtually—and it can also take place as one-on-one sessions, or group therapy. For those experiencing relationship, friendship, or family issues, group counseling with a psychologist at Thriveworks in Gilbert, AZ may be the best choice for assistance. With group therapy, a psychologist can offer you and your loved ones the opportunity to:
- Set and hold healthy boundaries in different scenarios
- Resolve relationship or marital problems
- Build healthier family relationships
- Improve emotional regulation (in anger management or grief counseling)
- Build on your communication skills
Book a Session With a Psychologist in Gilbert, AZ
Talking with a psychologist at Thriveworks in Gilbert, AZ can help you to be better equipped to handle life’s ups and downs as they occur. And if you frequently find yourself overbooked or short on time, online therapy may be an attractive option, especially if you’d like to:
- Meet with your therapist anywhere. As long as you have a solid internet connection and a private space to speak during your session, you’re set.
- Avoid any anxiety you might be experiencing in thinking about in-person sessions
- Engage with your therapist over the phone or video as you both explore the sources and effects of anxiety, sadness, relationship issues, and more
Attend your virtual sessions at ease, knowing your personal information is safe and secure. When you’re ready to discover the benefits of connecting with a psychologist at Thriveworks in Gilbert, AZ give our office a call to enroll. Our scheduling specialists are available seven days a week to help you with everything from finding the perfect psychologist, to setting up your insurance to cover costs.
Plus, enrolling with Thriveworks unlocks instant access to exclusive perks, like:
- Evening and weekend scheduling availability
- Same or next-day appointments
- Email access to your provider outside of sessions as needed
- The digital edition of “Leaving Depression Behind” and other electronic mental health resources
- Our Therapy Buddy app—a great way to measure your progress as you advance through therapy or psychiatric care
If your mental health is suffering, don’t hesitate to contact Thriveworks in Gilbert, AZ. With the support and stability offered by our psychologists, you can achieve your goals and rediscover your inner balance. Our team of providers is dedicated to making better mental health a reality for you.