Jeremy and Tracy have always been happy together—that is, until recently. After a particularly bad argument, both of them are finding it hard to connect and communicate with the other. Their attempts at reconciling haven’t been successful, and each time that they try, the conversation devolves into an argument. It’s difficult being in the same room, let alone living together at this point.
But despite the resentment and irritation between them, both Jeremy and Tracy would like to do what’s best for their relationship. As a result, they’ve decided to book a session with a couples therapist, in order to reconnect. They’re both a little nervous about talking with a mental health professional about their relationship. But they know that having a professional’s support could help them to improve and protect their romantic relationship.
If you can relate to Jeremy and Tracy’s story, then it’s possible that you might be having relationship difficulties yourself. At Thriveworks in Gilbert, AZ we have providers who can help you and your partner to heal. Our marriage counselors and couples therapists know that each relationship is different—and they can provide you with the individualized support you both need to preserve your connection.
Do We Need to Talk with a Couples Therapist?
Deciding to talk with a marriage counselor or couples therapist is a choice that you and your partner will have to make by yourselves, but you don’t need to tackle the issues in your relationship alone. Scheduling sessions with a mental health professional at Thriveworks in Gilbert, AZ offers you the solid ground your relationship may need in order to move forward successfully. Couples therapy and marriage counseling can help both of you to:
- Establish healthy boundaries
- Highlight the importance and need for compromise
- Rebuild trust after infidelity or dishonesty
- Rekindle sexual intimacy together
- Help both partners manage anger or anxiety
Our marriage counselors and couples therapists are committed to helping couples to re-establish love and trust. It may feel overwhelming or invasive to think about talking to someone unfamiliar about your relationship difficulties. But doing so helps your therapist or counselor to understand your relationship’s dynamics so that they can offer personalized support. Each relationship is unique in its own way, and our providers are well aware.
Yet with that in mind, there are common signs that may indicate that a relationship’s dynamics have soured and turned unhealthy, such as:
- Arguments that last for hours or days
- Passive-aggressive or abusive behavior
- Inability to respect each other’s boundaries
- Avoiding physical touch or sex
- Lying and other forms of emotional manipulation
If your connection with your partner has involved any of the following, there’s no reason to be ashamed or to worry about being judged by our providers at Thriveworks in Gilbert, AZ. Instead of feeling defeated about seeking therapy, it might be helpful to view professional assistance as a proactive way to prioritize the connection you have with your partner.
Schedule Couples Therapy or Relationship Counseling at Thriveworks in Gilbert, AZ
When you and your partner decide that you’re ready to team up with a marriage counselor or couples therapist, call our office in Gilbert, AZ to get started with the enrollment process. Enrolling in our services does more than connecting you with a mental health professional—we also offer exclusive benefits including:
- Online therapy: With online therapy, moving your relationship forward doesn’t need to be held up by your busy schedule or time spent apart for work or travel. As long as you can talk privately, and get access to the internet, you and your partner can still attend sessions together.
- Scheduling assistance 7 days a week: Our scheduling specialists are available every day of the week, helping you find the right counselor to fit your needs and the schedule that fits both of your lives.
- 23.5-hour cancellations: If something comes up or you aren’t feeling well, rest assured that you won’t be charged for missing your session, as long as you give us a 23.5-hour notice.
- Life coach q/a chat line: For those questions that can’t wait until your next session.
And remember, a couples therapist or marriage counselor can help you to improve your relationship by:
- Using feedback from both partners to establish healthy boundaries for communication
- Rebuilding trust by working through tough issues like infidelity or verbal abuse
- Rekindling intimacy by exploring physical aspects of your relationship
- Highlighting the importance and need for compromise
So give us a call when you’ve decided that marriage counseling or couples therapy is the answer. Our providers at Thriveworks in Gilbert, AZ have the experience and insight to help you get your relationship back on track. Difficulties in our romantic relationships can be tough, but scheduling couples therapy or marriage counseling at Thriveworks can make a big difference.