Riley and his partner, Kate, are feeling frustrated. They’ve been arguing a lot lately over little things—things that used to never bother them. Each day seems to feel like a new battle, and it’s beginning to wear on their mental health. While they love each other and want to stay together, the constant bickering and fighting is starting to look like it might be too much.
Riley wants to preserve their relationship, and he knows that Kate does, too. After some consideration, Riley’s interested in talking with a mental health professional about their relationship difficulties. He knows that many counselors and therapists are available to help virtually, which might be beneficial for them—they have different work schedules and often are home at different times of the day.
Perhaps you can relate to Kate and Riley’s situation. If so, you might benefit from connecting with one of the marriage counselors or couples therapists at Thriveworks in Edmond, OK. Our providers can offer you and your partner ways to communicate, cope, and connect—ways that are specifically tailored to fit your unique relationship. If you’re interested in discovering the benefits of couples therapy or marriage counseling, reach out to our office today.
What Are the Benefits of Couples Therapy or Marriage Counseling?
The decision to talk to a mental health professional is an independent choice that you’ll both need to make, but when you do, our providers can help. Deciding to seek mental health services opens the door to professional insight and guidance that can help to put your relationship back on the right path. At Thriveworks in Edmond, OK, our providers can help you and your partner to:
- Establish healthy boundaries
- Highlight the importance and need for compromise
- Rebuild trust after infidelity or dishonesty
- Rekindle sexual intimacy together
- Help both partners manage anger or anxiety
While moving forward might not seem easy, getting a therapist or counselor’s assistance is often helpful and can make the healing process easier. By talking openly and honestly with one of our mental health professionals, you can provide them with the feedback they need to offer you both personalized coping strategies and communication methods designed around your unique needs.
Does Our Relationship Need Therapy or Counseling to Succeed?
At Thriveworks in Edmond, OK we believe that every relationship, regardless of its timeline or stage of development, can benefit from mental health assistance. With that in mind though, there are common signs and indications that might serve as warnings when a relationship’s dynamics have become negative or harmful, including:
- Passive-aggressive or abusive behavior
- Inability to respect each other’s boundaries
- Arguments that last for hours or days
- Avoiding physical touch or sex
- Lying and other forms of emotional manipulation
If you and your partner are experiencing any of the above, there’s no need to feel shame—our counselors and therapists are here to help, not to judge. While it’s understandable to feel hesitant or uncertain about mental health services because of outdated misconceptions and stigmas, the reality is that getting a counselor or therapist’s assistance is a healthy, proactive way to preserve your relationship.
Schedule a Couples Therapy or Marriage Counseling Session in Edmond, OK
Connecting with a therapist or counselor could help your relationship to get back on the right track. If you’re interested in the ways that our mental health services in Edmond, OK could benefit you and your partner, give our office a call. Most of our clients attend their first session within 24-48 hours of calling in. Reach out to our office to get started; becoming a client grants instant access to exclusive benefits, such as:
- Scheduling assistance 7 days a week: Our scheduling specialists are available every day of the week, helping you find the right counselor to fit your needs and the schedule that fits both of your lives.
- 23.5-hour cancellations: If something comes up or you aren’t feeling well, rest assured that you won’t be charged for missing your session, as long as you give us a 23.5-hour notice.
- Life coach q/a chat line: For those questions that can’t wait until your next session.
- Online therapy: With online therapy, moving your relationship forward doesn’t need to be held up by your busy schedule or time spent apart for work or travel. As long as you can talk privately, and get access to the internet, you and your partner can still attend sessions together.
Relationship difficulties can be hard to overcome on your own, but choosing to partner with one of our providers at Thriveworks in Edmond, OK could help. We’re ready to walk with you as your relationship begins to heal and move forward with the assistance of the mental health professionals at Thriveworks.