Vanessa has always been an anxious person, but coming to terms with that hasn’t been easy. She’s embarrassed about how much she overthinks everything, and as she’s gotten older, it’s become an invasive form of self-manipulation. Everything from dating and college classes to job interviews has been a real challenge for her. And stomaching the frustration that she feels isn’t working anymore.
But instead of avoiding the subject, Vanessa feels ready to take action at this point. She’s done some personal research, and feels like talking to a mental health professional about her anxiety could offer some relief and ways to cope. Even though she’s never been to therapy or counseling, Vanessa hopes that connecting with someone makes a difference.
Like Vanessa, you may be hoping to gain valuable insight into what’s causing your anxiety. At Thriveworks in Carmel, IN, our mental health professionals can offer you a new perspective and ways of coping with anxiety. There’s no need to face your recurring anxiety by yourself—let our team of providers help.
Could I Have Anxiety? What Are the Symptoms of Anxiety?
We all experience anxiety every now and then; but for some people, anxious thoughts become a persistent problem that disrupts their day-to-day life. Even though anxiety can manifest itself differently for everyone, some common indications that you’re suffering from anxiety include:
- Constantly feeling stressed
- Desire to avoid social encounters
- Racing thoughts, inability to focus on daily tasks
- Constant fatigue
- Reliving traumatic experiences in dreams or flashbacks
Still, if you feel anxious and aren’t seeing the symptoms you’re experiencing being listed, don’t worry. By sharing your perspective and the issues that are bothering you, our providers at Thriveworks in Carmel, IN can help you implement solutions and offer you personalized mental health care.
Can a Therapist Help Me with My Anxiety?
Our clients work with different mental health professionals including counselors, therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists. Our counselors and therapists help to treat depression by:
- Teaching clients coping mechanisms to use in real-life, anxiety-inducing situations
- Using talk therapy or behavioral therapy to promote self-awareness
- Helping family members or partners to understand their loved one’s anxiety through relationship therapy or family counseling
In comparison, our psychiatrists:
- Are medical doctors
- Can prescribe helpful medication that assists clients in managing the disruptive, damaging symptoms of anxiety
- Can use a combination of therapy and prescriptions that may treat more severe cases of anxiety more successfully
Regardless of the provider that you’re paired with, Thriveworks in Carmel, IN is committed to helping you to manage your anxiety and achieve your mental health goals.
Are There Different Forms of Anxiety?
Many people are unaware that “anxiety” in the psychological sense actually refers to several different types of mental health disorders that are all closely related. There are many forms of anxiety, but some of the most common that our providers help to treat include:
- Social anxiety disorder: Social anxiety induces distress while engaging with other people. Everything from grocery runs to birthday parties can be cumbersome, fear-filled events.
- Panic disorder: Panic disorder can cause panic attacks. These physical episodes might result in dizziness, chest pain, vertigo, and nausea.
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD): GAD causes anxiety in different scenarios, whether real or imagined. This disorder can be difficult to identify because it isn’t triggered by any single source of anxiety.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD): This disorder often induces irrational thought loops, or impulses to perform random physical actions in repetition.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): PTSD, can occur in anyone that has been through a psychologically or physically painful event. Those who suffer from it are often privy to flashbacks to traumatic events, nightmares, and antisocial behavior.
Schedule Therapy for Your Anxiety at Thriveworks in Carmel, IN
Dealing with constant anxiety isn’t easy, but finding the right provider at Thriveworks in Carmel, IN is. With the help of one of our mental health professionals, you might find solid ground once more, along with newfound peace of mind. Call to sign up for your Thriveworks membership today– our scheduling specialists are available to help you. With their assistance seven days a week, you can effortlessly find a provider, the right session time, or even set up your insurance to cover costs.
Becoming a Thriveworks member also offers a lot of great benefits, including:
- Online therapy options
- Evening and weekend scheduling availability
- Email access to your provider outside of sessions as needed
- The digital edition of “Leaving Depression Behind” and other electronic mental health resources
- Our Therapy Buddy app—a great way to measure your progress as you advance through therapy or psychiatric care
Don’t let your anxiety call the shots in your life. Make a mental health ally, and get the anxiety treatment you need from one of our mental health professionals. Reach out to our office in Carmel, IN—you can thrive, we can help.