Meryl and her partner Darren recently scheduled a vacation together. As excited as she is, Meryl feels anxious about the time she’ll be taking away from the rest of her life while they’re gone. Though she wants to enjoy some time to relax with her partner, it seems like Meryl’s overthinking will get the best of her yet again. It’s not the first time her anxiety has kicked into high gear over seemingly nothing—a cycle that she’s tired of repeating.
But Meryl doesn’t want to let her anxiety win—so she’s hoping to talk to a psychologist about the persistent, racing thoughts that she’s faced with. She hopes that by talking things through with a mental health professional, she can stay in touch with her emotions and learn to spot the triggers that spark her anxious thoughts. Darren wants to support his wife and is encouraging her to seek the help she needs to feel better.
Like Meryl, many everyday people turn to psychologists in order to find support and assistance with their mental health conditions or challenges. At Thriveworks in Boynton Beach, FL we have psychologists who can help you find your balance once more. There’s no need to take on the challenges in front of you by yourself. Instead, partner up with a psychologist at Thriveworks.
What Is a Psychologist?
Psychologists are highly skilled and educated mental health professionals, who can diagnose and help to treat many different kinds of mental health conditions. Many psychologists use a form of talk or behavioral therapy in order to help clients express themselves verbally; these forms of therapy often offer the client an alternative perspective towards the mental health issues that they’re faced with.
Anyone can benefit from talking with our psychologists. But everyone’s mental health needs are different. That’s why being candid and honest with your psychologist can provide them with the feedback they need to understand your situation and psychological needs more clearly. Some of the common issues and conditions that our psychologists help people to manage include:
- Anger issues
- Marital problems
- Anxiety and stress
- Family disagreements
- Divorce and breakups
- Major and minor depression
- Self-esteem issues
What Can a Psychologist Help Me With?
Psychologists are able to assist through therapy or counseling sessions, which can take place virtually or in person. These sessions often use talk or behavioral therapy to help clients better understand and manage the symptoms of their mental illness or condition. Talking to a Thriveworks psychologist at our office in Boynton Beach, FL, you can help to improve your:
- Family relationships
- Communication skills
- Ability to set and hold healthy boundaries in different scenarios
- Relationship or marital problems
- Emotional regulation (in anger management or grief counseling)
In addition, online counseling can be a great way to connect with a psychologist without throwing off your busy schedule. Taking advantage of online counseling could be beneficial if you want to:
- Prioritize your mental health needs
- Avoid the anxiety or embarrassment that arise for some during in-person sessions
- Engage with your therapist over the phone or video as you both explore the sources and effects of anxiety, sadness, relationship issues, and more
- Meet with your therapist anywhere
Plus, our online sessions are easy to book—so as long as you have reliable internet access and somewhere private to talk, you’re set. Plus, you can rest easy knowing that we follow the same HIPAA guidelines as we do for or in-person sessions.
Schedule Counseling or Therapy with a Psychologist at Thriveworks in Boynton Beach, FL
When you decide that it’s time to team up with a psychologist to address your issues and concerns, Thriveworks will be ready to assist you. Call our office to become a Thriveworks member today; we’ve made it easier than ever with help from our scheduling specialists. They’re available seven days a week to offer support with things like setting up your insurance, finding the right provider for your lifestyle, and can help you nail down the perfect session time.
Additionally, choosing to become a Thriveworks member opens the door to a wide array of exclusive benefits, just for you, including:
- Evening and weekend session times: Life can be hectic. Make the time for everyone to connect with our flexible scheduling options.
- 23.5-hour cancellation policy: Life happens, and we get it. Just let us know if you aren’t going up to 23.5 hours before your scheduled appointment and there’s no charge.
- Email access to your provider: Stay in touch in between appointments. It’s another way we’ll add peace of mind to your therapy experience.
- A life coach Q/A chat line: Your questions don’t have to wait until the next appointment. Get the expert advice and insight of a Thriveworks life coach.
Take the time to consider whether partnering with a psychologist at Thriveworks in Boynton Beach, FL could help you. Talking with a mental health professional can provide you with newfound support, stability, and the confidence you need to make better mental health a reality.