Sophie and her boyfriend Parker have been having issues for several months. Things haven’t always been perfect between them, but they still love each other and know that what they have is worthwhile. And that’s why their incessant arguments and spats have been so frustrating–both of them know that things could go differently.
But instead of giving in to their current downward spiral, both Sophie and Parker want to talk with a couples therapist to find solutions to their relationship’s difficulties. They want to learn to communicate more effectively, and both partners want to ensure that they’re able to support each other. With the guidance and support of a couples therapist, Sophia and Parker are looking forward to growing together and improving their relationship.
You and your partner might also be looking to confide in a couples therapist or marriage counselor because of turmoil in your current relationship. At Thriveworks in Boynton Beach, FL our therapists and counselors are here to listen and to offer you both a way to reconnect and communicate with your partner. Take time to consider whether you and your loved could benefit from professional services with Thriveworks.
Do We Need Relationship Counseling?
Deciding to talk with a couples therapist or marriage counselor is an independent decision that you’ll need to make between you and your partner. However, there are common indications of unhealthy relationship dynamics that can be improved via therapy, including:
- Arguments that last for days or weeks
- Passive-aggressive or abusive behavior
- Inability to respect each other’s boundaries
- Avoiding physical touch or sex
- Lying and other forms of emotional manipulation
If you’re experiencing any of the following issues in your relationship, it’s important to remember that you can find solutions with the assistance of one of our couples therapists or marriage counselors.
What Are the Benefits of Couples Therapy or Marriage Counseling?
The primary benefit of attending counseling or therapy sessions with your spouse or significant other is that your relationship will gain a helping hand from a licensed mental health professional. Your couples therapist or marriage counselor is committed to ensuring that both of you get the insight and support you need to start making the proactive changes necessary to improve your relationship. A couples therapist or marriage counselor at Thriveworks in Boynton Beach, FL can act as a mediator and guide as you both learn to:
- Establish healthy boundaries for communication
- Highlight the importance and need for compromise
- Rebuild trust after infidelity or dishonesty
- Rekindle sexual intimacy together
- Manage strong emotions like anger or anxiety
Being open to communicating with your therapist or counselor is an essential part of your relationship’s healing process. By talking with your provider about the issues you’re both experiencing, you can start to rebuild the connection that’s been damaged by lack of trust and hard feelings. And with our virtual session options, you and your partner can online couneseling or therapy sessions with your shared provider; prioritize your relationship and its needs from home, the office, or while traveling.
Schedule a Relationship Counseling Session at Thriveworks in Boynton Beach, FL
When you both decide that couples therapy or marriage counseling is right for you, our counselors and therapists at Thriveworks in Boynton Beach, FL will be here to support you. And when you call our office to connect with a mental health professional, expect to talk with your provider soon—most of our clients attend their first session within 24-48 hours of first contacting us. Reach out to us to begin the enrollment process—doing so will unlock a host of great benefits, including:
- Online therapy: With online therapy, moving your relationship forward doesn’t need to be held up by your busy schedule or time spent apart for work or travel. As long as you can talk privately, and get access to the internet, you and your partner can still attend sessions together.
- Scheduling assistance 7 days a week: Our scheduling specialists are available every day of the week, helping you find the right counselor to fit your needs and the schedule that fits both of your lives.
- 23.5-hour cancellations: If something comes up or you aren’t feeling well, rest assured that you won’t be charged for missing your session, as long as you give us a 23.5-hour notice.
- Life coach q/a chat line: For those questions that can’t wait until your next session.
Our romantic relationships can be a source of fulfillment and love when we’re in balance with our partner. When we feel secure and content, our relationships are often incredibly rewarding. However, when issues arise, getting the help you need from a couples therapist or marriage counselor could offer you both a way to keep moving forward. If you and your partner are interested in talking with a marriage counselor or couples therapist about your relationship issues, call Thriveworks in Boynton Beach, FL today.