Jake and Austin have been together for five years, and have typically considered themselves inseparable. But lately, something has changed. Austin is worried about Jake’s mental health issues. His job requires a lot of long hours, and when he comes home, it’s like he’s still somehow at the office. She wants to connect with her partner and rekindle their relationship, but for weeks, it’s seemed impossible to do so.
But still—Austin doesn’t want to give up so easily. As they were taking a walk the other morning, Austin asked Jake if he’d be interested in talking to a couples therapist in order to help them learn to engage with each other on a deeper level. Jake was hesitant and was worried that Austin was upset with him. But after hearing her out, and considering the benefits of having a mental health professional on their side, Jake feels open to the possibility of talking to a counselor or therapist.
Jake and Austin aren’t alone—couples can benefit from seeking mental health services together, regardless of what stage in their relationship they’re at. Whether you’re seeing each other long-distance, are married, or dating, connecting with a couples therapist or marriage counselor can improve the way you both communicate and engage with each other. If you and your partner are interested in discovering how your relationship might benefit from talking with a provider, call Thriveworks in Billings, MT to get the help and support you need.
How Can My Partner and I Benefit from Relationship Counseling?
While talking with one of our mental health professionals is a choice that you and your loved one will need to make on your own, teaming up with a provider offers a great way to gain professional insight and clarity into the issues that are destabilizing your relationship. At Thriveworks in Billings, MT, our therapists and counselors can help you to:
- Rebuild trust after infidelity or dishonesty
- Rekindle sexual intimacy together
- Help both partners manage anger or anxiety
- Establish healthy boundaries
- Highlight the importance and need for compromise
Our providers are committed to helping you both to move forward in the ways that matter most. By talking openly and candidly with them about the issues that are affecting you, a couples therapist or marriage counselor can offer you personalized strategies and communication methods that produce positive outcomes.
Do We Need to Seek Couples Therapy or Marriage Counseling?
There’s no one size fits all approach to relationships, and the same is true for couples seeking mental health services for their issues. However, there are several common signs that may serve as indications of when a relationship’s dynamics have soured, including:
- Arguments that last for hours or days
- Avoiding physical touch or sex
- Lying and other forms of emotional manipulation
- Passive-aggressive or abusive behavior
- Inability to respect each other’s boundaries
If you or your partner are experiencing these issues, you may benefit from the support and stability of a marriage counselor or couples therapist. Remember that although there are still outdated misconceptions and stigmas associated with seeking mental health services, doing so helps to prioritize your relationship and emotional wellbeing. Connecting with one of our providers in Billings, MT is a great way to preserve the bond that ties you both together.
Schedule a Couples Therapy or Marriage Counseling Session Today at Thriveworks in Billings, MT
If your relationship could benefit from the professional insight of one of our providers, don’t hesitate to contact us. Calling our office is the first step in stabilizing your connection with your partner—it might also be comforting to know that most of our clients attend their first counseling or therapy session within 24-48hrs of calling. So reach out to us to enroll with Thriveworks; doing so opens the door to a host of great benefits, like:
- Scheduling assistance 7 days a week: Our scheduling specialists are available every day of the week, helping you find the right counselor to fit your needs and the schedule that fits both of your lives.
- Life coach q/a chat line: For those questions that can’t wait until your next session.
- Online therapy: With online therapy, moving your relationship forward doesn’t need to be held up by your busy schedule or time spent apart for work or travel. As long as you can talk privately and get access to the internet, you and your partner can still attend sessions together.
Romantic relationships are often the closest bonds that we share and can be consistent sources of support and fulfillment. But when things begin to sour, it’s best to take proactive steps to ensure that you can preserve the connection that holds you both together. If you and your partner are ready to talk with a mental health professional, call Thriveworks in Billings, MT today.