Can you remember the last time you were anxious, and what it was that set off that emotion? For many of us, anxiety is a regular fact of life. Whether we’re facing it in traffic on the way to work, struggling to pay our bills, or simply worrying about imaginary scenarios, anxiety can be really time-consuming.
While feelings of anxiousness are manageable when they arise infrequently, dealing with persistent anxiety is an entirely different story. When these negative thoughts start to root themselves into our daily lives, the relationships and connections that we hold dear can start to suffer. But thankfully, partnering with a mental health professional can be a rewarding way to find new balance and relief from anxiety.
At Thriveworks in Billings, MT we represent just a portion of our nationwide team of mental health professionals, but you’ll find the same quality of care at any of our other nationwide locations. If you’re suffering from anxiety, racing thoughts, or other signs of mental illness, we encourage you to reach out to our office. Our providers are ready to help.
How Can Therapy or Psychiatric Care Help My Anxiety?
When it comes to mental health care, everyone’s needs are different. There’s no universal solution to mental illness, even among those with the same condition. With that being said, anxiety is an emotional disorder that can commonly manifest as:
- Constantly feeling stressed
- Desire to avoid social encounters
- Reliving traumatic experiences in dreams or flashbacks
- Racing thoughts, inability to focus on daily tasks
- Constant fatigue
If you’re experiencing any of the above symptoms, it’s best to schedule a session with a mental health professional to see if what you’re dealing with is anxiety. And before you do, it’s better not to self-diagnose—only those who are qualified, like the providers at Thriveworks in Billings, MT can help you do that.
Those who see our mental health professionals will often be matched with two different provider types: either a therapist or someone from our psychiatric team. Both types of providers can diagnose and help to treat anxiety but they do so in different ways. While therapists primarily use talk therapy or behavioral therapy to achieve results, psychiatrists are also medical doctors in addition to being licensed providers. Psychiatrists can prescribe medication to alleviate their client’s symptoms of anxiety, making the disorder easier to manage.
Are There Different Kinds of Anxiety? Which Anxiety Disorder Do I Have?
You might be unaware that “anxiety” is actually a broad term that refers to a cluster of related emotional disorders. Though there are many types of anxiety disorders, some of the more common include:
- Social anxiety disorder: Social anxiety induces distress while engaging with other people. Everything from grocery runs to birthday parties can be cumbersome, fear-filled events.
- Panic disorder: Panic disorder can cause panic attacks. These physical episodes might result in dizziness, chest pain, vertigo, and nausea.
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD): GAD causes anxiety in different scenarios, whether real or imagined. This disorder can be difficult to identify because it isn’t triggered by any single source of anxiety.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD): This disorder often induces irrational thought loops, or impulses to perform random physical actions in repetition.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): PTSD, can occur in anyone that has been through a psychologically or physically painful event. Those who suffer from it are often privy to flashbacks to traumatic events, nightmares, and antisocial behavior.
Schedule Anxiety Therapy and Psychiatric Care with Thriveworks in Billings, MT
If you’re experiencing recurrent anxiety, there’s no reason to continue pushing forward by yourself. By reaching out to our office in Billings, MT you could be partnered with a provider that makes a difference. One of our therapists or psychiatrists could offer you the stability and insight you need to mitigate the symptoms of your anxiety.
When you decide to call, you’ll be assisted with enrolling by our scheduling specialists. They’re available seven days a week and can help with setting up your insurance, finding the right provider, and setting your session times. Those who enroll can also look forward to exclusive benefits, such as:
- A flexible cancellation policy—just let us know less than a day before your appointment if you can’t make it.
- Online therapy or psychiatric services from the comfort of your home
- Evening and weekend session times
- Our life coach Q/A chat line for questions you might have in between sessions
When anxiety becomes a persistent, disruptive presence in your life, it might be time to consider whether talking with a mental health professional could help. Your anxiety doesn’t have to claim another; call Thriveworks in Billings, MT. We’re ready to team up with you as you start making the first steps towards better mental health.