Marriage Counseling in Attleboro, MA—Marriage Counselors, Couples Therapists
Unfortunately, many view marriage counseling as a last resort; or, they think that signing up for marriage counseling will make their relationship look weak. These statements couldn’t be farther from the truth. Marriage counseling is an opportunity to improve your relationship with your spouse—it does not reflect weakness, but strength.
“Make it your goal to create a marriage that feels like the safest place on earth.” –Greg Smalley
Thriveworks Counseling in Attleboro, MA has marriage counseling readily available. If you and your spouse would like the chance to improve your relationship, just give us a call. We’ll set you up with a skilled, caring professional who will help you work through your relationship issues effectively. You can work with a marriage counseling in the traditional in-person therapy setting or in an online counseling session.
What Is Marriage Counseling?
Marriage counseling is a form of psychotherapy that helps couples work through conflicts and in turn improve their relationship. Here at Thriveworks in Attleboro, our marriage counselors provide their clients with a safe space to talk about what’s bothering them or what’s negatively affecting their relationship. They then utilize a myriad of therapy techniques to help the couple overcome the issue, restoring health and happiness in their marriage.
A marriage counselor is a mental health professional who is trained to help couples with their specific challenges and needs. Our marriage counselors and couples therapists will provide you with expert, empathetic care as they understand what it is you’re going through. They come equipped with skills and tools that will allow them to break down your problems into more manageable pieces. If you’d like to meet with one of our marriage counselors, just give Thriveworks Attleboro a call. We can set you up with a relationship expert today.
Who Is Marriage Counseling For? Do We Need Relationship Help?
Here at Thriveworks, we strongly believe that anyone can benefit from partnering up with a skilled and caring mental health professional. If there is room for improvement in your marriage, marriage counseling might be the right form of therapy for you! Marriage counseling could prove especially beneficial if you and your spouse have one (or more) of the following problems:
- You have the same arguments and to no avail: If you find that you and your spouse keep having the same arguments over and over again, there is likely a larger issue at play here. A marriage counselor can help you explore these arguments and get to the real root of the problem.
- You have disagreements in parenting: If you and your spouse disagree about parenting styles or techniques, it can be hard to determine the right way forward. A marriage counselor can help you discuss your parenting differences so that you better understand each other’s approach and determine the best approach with your child.
- You are struggling with intimacy or sex issues: Often, a lack of sex means a lack of connection. While most couples prefer to ignore conversations about intimacy and sex issues, it is important that you talk this through with your spouse. A marriage counselor can mediate this conversation and help the two of you to understand why your sex life is suffering.
- You fight unfairly: Sometimes, our emotions are powerful and they can kickstart intense arguments—arguments that involve low blows we regret later. If you find that you and your spouse often fight unfairly, it might be time to talk to a marriage counselor. They can help you have more constructive conversations about what’s bothering you.
- You have different ideas about what your future looks like: You envision life together in a big house with 5 kids… while your spouse envisions life together in a tiny home and a cat. Yeah, that might be a problem. If you and your spouse are on completely different pages of what your future looks like together, it’s important to talk this through, of which you might want to do with a marriage counselor.
If any of the above ring true for your relationship, you and your spouse could likely benefit from talking to a marriage counselor. These relationship experts can provide valuable feedback and guidance in counseling.
Work with a Marriage Counselor at Thriveworks Counseling in Attleboro, MA
Scheduling a marriage counseling appointment at our office is easy. All you have to do is call our office and a scheduling specialist will assist you. You’ll have a few options to choose from including daytime, evening and weekend sessions, as well as in-person or online counseling!
That’s right, we offer flexible appointment times including in the evenings and on the weekends to best accommodate our clients. We also offer online counseling opportunities for those who would prefer to attend their sessions from home. Call us today to find out more or to schedule your appointment. We look forward to it.