Life Coaching in Washington, DC—Georgetown Therapists, Counselors, Coaches
You just accepted your dream job and moved to a new city to start. You get along with your co-workers, complete your tasks on time, and put in a lot of time to show your dedication to your new position. There’s nothing that could possibly go wrong. Life should be great! That’s not always the case. Although your dream job is everything you could have hoped for and more, it has started to affect your personal life. You and your partner are arguing over how much time you spend at work, you start missing your kids’ sports games, or you feel distant from your friends. Maybe you can relate to some different scenarios where life is feeling a little rocky:
- You are working a great job, making great money. However, you are not happy with the career field you are in. It’s not that you don’t enjoy what you do you just are not passionate about it. How do you change what you are doing so far into your career?
- One of your family members was just diagnosed with a life-threatening disease. It has put your life on hold and there are a lot of decisions to make on how to move forward. Where do you start?
- Your teenager is starting to argue with you a lot more. Nothing you do can seem to make things better and they won’t open up about their emotions. Do you need to cut back from work? Are you missing their games or recitals? Are they stressed about school?
- After a lot of time and consideration, you have decided to go back to school to get your master’s degree. You are worried about how you will balance work and school. You need some help managing your time and making a plan of action.
Many people are going through life changes or challenges that they don’t know how to tackle alone. Maybe you want to start something new or are struggling to manage your priorities. Whatever your situation may be, a life coach could help you stay on track and walk you through the different options you are weighing. Making tough choices is already hard enough! At Thriveworks Washington, DC Counseling in Georgetown, we have a team of life coaches who can provide you with the guidance and support you have been looking for. They know the process of growth and change and can help you reach your goals. If you are ready to start working on your personal life, work-life, or both, call (202) 221-8410 to get set up with a life coach.
Why Work with a Life Coach?
Putting together an inspiration board or writing down a list of goals you have is great, but without a plan of action, it is nearly impossible to achieve these things. Skilled, experienced life coaches understand the importance of setting and achieving your aspirations in life. Maybe you want to work with a life coach because:
- You need a change, but don’t know where to start.
- You have a lot of goals for yourself but feel stressed at the idea of achieving them all such as starting a family, landing your dream job, and learning how to build the chair you have had your eye on.
- You are going through a major life transition and need help meeting new people, coping with a loss, or being fired from your job.
Many people struggle with finding clarity in their visions. Whereas counseling helps you move on from pain and heal, life coaching helps you start making positive changes in your life and helping you heal from past trauma that is holding you back. When you begin life coaching, you will measure different areas of your life based on a scale of 1 to 10. The categories you may rate are:
- Physical environment
- Romance and intimacy
- Personal growth
- Friends and family
- Spiritual life
- Fun and leisure time
Maybe in your physical environment, you are a 10 but your personal growth is a 3, and as much as you have tried to make your career a 10, it has never felt higher than a 6. Your life coach will be able to take the scores you rate the different areas of your life and help you create a plan of action to make those positive changes. We can’t function at a 10 in all categories at the same time, all of the time. Your life coach will also teach you the importance of not beating yourself up if you feel like some areas have fallen. Instead, you will be equipped with the skills needed to turn around those lower areas and enact change.
Start a Relationship with a Life Coach at Thriveworks Washington, DC in Georgetown
After learning more about life coaching, was there an area of your life that stood out? Did a goal or a dream pop into your head? If you have been thinking about seeking the help of a life coach, you are in the right place. We understand you may have a really busy schedule but the benefits of working with us at Thriveworks will be worth it.
It can be frustrating when you want to work with a counselor as soon as possible but it takes at least a week for you to get your first or next appointment. Fortunately for you, we do not operate with a waiting list. For most new clients, we have appointments available within 24 hours. We also have extended hours and can work around your busy schedule.
Put aside all of your reasons not to call. Stop hindering yourself from living the life you want. We would love to help you on your journey to better living. Call us today (202) 221-8410.