We all deal with anxiety at some point in our lives but sometimes those feelings can become too much to bear. They can impede our productivity, affect our sleep, and get in the way of our ability to function on a day-to-day basis. They can reduce our happiness and can even cause physical health issues.
Some people are reluctant to seek therapy for their anxiety. Maybe they think their problem is mild enough that they can “stick it out” without the help of a professional. Maybe their anxiety makes it difficult to commit to in-person therapy appointments. But without the proper care, anxiety disorders — both mild and severe — can cause unnecessary suffering for those who experience them.
Though mental illnesses can feel isolating, you’re far from alone in struggling with anxiety. Countless people every single year turn to therapy to get the care they need. Even Oprah Winfrey — cool, calm, and collected on camera — has suffered such severe anxiety that she nearly had a nervous breakdown. Like millions of Americans, Winfrey turned to anxiety counseling to help her maintain her momentum as a TV personality icon.
If you have been struggling with your mental health for quite some time now, consider leveraging our anxiety counseling services at Thriveworks in Vallejo, CA. Our licensed mental health professionals use innovative, customized methods to improve your mental health so you can live a happy, productive life.
Anxiety Symptoms To Watch Out For
Nearly everyone experiences anxiety at some point. But there are several anxiety symptoms that will let you know things may be getting out of hand. They include:
- Constant worrying
- Difficulty sleeping
- Ongoing exhaustion
- Feeling tense and agitated
- Difficulty concentrating
- Heart palpitations
- Excessive sweating
- Experiencing thoughts of doom
- Difficulty completing projects
- Panic attacks
People with anxiety may feel like they are ready to snap at any given moment. They may feel like they’re struggling to even catch a few hours of sleep, which can lead to more serious physical symptoms.
If you’re struggling with anxiety, Thriveworks in Vallejo, CA has licensed counselors and therapists who are trained to help.
What To Expect From Anxiety Counseling
Counselors and therapists use innovative methods to help you reduce your symptoms so you can bring health, happiness, and stability back into your life.
Some of those methods include:
- Exposure therapy: Under a therapist’s guidance, you’ll be exposed to a particular phobia or fear slowly and safely so you can work through your anxiety and reduce symptoms.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT): This type of therapy teaches you coping skills and helps you form new habits to better regulate your emotions.
- Acceptance therapy: Often, feelings of anxiety stem from an inability to accept one’s self. Acceptance therapy teaches people with anxiety how to become more comfortable with who they are so they can live a life without painful self-judgments.
- Talk therapy: Talk therapy allows you to work through your fears with a trained professional so you can figure out what’s behind them and how to leave them behind. Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) are two popular forms of talk therapy.
- Art therapy: Art therapy encourages clients to explore their emotions and develop self-awareness through artistic endeavors. This can be profoundly effective, especially for people who have trouble expressing their feelings in other ways.
In addition, clients may also learn relaxation techniques or coping mechanisms to help reduce anxiety symptoms in a meaningful way. If you’re ready to see what anxiety counseling can do for you, click our booking widget or give us a call to set up an appointment.
Starting Therapy for Anxiety at Thriveworks Vallejo, CA
At Thriveworks in Vallejo, CA, we make it easy to schedule your first appointment. Simply give us a call to speak and one of our scheduling specialists will be happy to assist you. Or, use our scheduling tool to book an appointment online in just a few clicks.
Appointments can be conducted in our Vallejo office, or via telephone or video chat, whichever is more convenient for you. We also offer extended hours during the week and on weekends so you can find a time that works best for you.
We accept many forms of insurance and provide clients with a variety of enrollment benefits. Join our active Thriveworks community on our moderated discussion boards or take part in our life coaching Q&A. Make use of our exclusive video content and feel free to reach out to your provider in between appointments.
Dealing with an anxiety disorder isn’t pleasant but our licensed mental health professionals are here to help you get through it. Give us a call at Thriveworks in Vallejo, CA to find out how easy it is to get started on your road to wellness.