Are you in search of a highly-skilled, compassionate therapist or counselor in the Troy area? Are you struggling to find time to escape your busy schedule for an appointment? You can find a licensed counselor with the skillset, experience, specialties, and training you are looking for, all from the comfort of your own home. Online counseling at Thriveworks Troy, MI can make this possible for you.
There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will. – Epictetus
Counseling can help you make meaningful changes within your own state of being and in your most important relationships. It can help you overcome any obstacles you may face and help you achieve overall happiness for a full and successful life. If you are looking to start working with a counselor, Thriveworks Troy Counseling has experienced therapists with the skillset needed to help you work towards your goals. Call (248) 764-4182 to schedule an appointment with us!
How Does Online Counseling Work?
As mentioned before, online counseling, also known as teletherapy, allows you to work with your therapist from whatever location you choose. Your appointment is held virtually which means you will get to choose between:
- Phone counseling: With this service, it’s as easy as answering a phone call from your counselor at the agreed-upon time.
- Video counseling: If you prefer to chat with your therapist over video, this option would be great for you. Rather than answering a phone call at your set time, you will receive a link that takes you to your virtual appointment.
You and your counselor can decide on which method you prefer. The flexibility of online counseling services makes it easier to communicate with your therapist when and where you need to. No more rushing from home or work to get to your appointment on time. All you need is a quiet space and service connection.
The Benefits of Online Counseling
There are more benefits to receiving counseling virtually than just the convenience of it. Here are several reasons why you should give it a try:
- It’s proven to be effective: If you are worried about how effective online therapy is compared to visiting in office, don’t worry! Research shows that working with an online therapist is effective. There’s no need to wonder if you are sacrificing any progress you would make with in-person counseling. However, if you find that online counseling is not the right option for you, that’s okay too!)
- You might find it easier to open up: Because you aren’t sitting directly in front of your counselor, you might find it to be easier to open up virtually. Try both the virtual and phone options if you are curious about how you might feel different. But remember, you are capable of the same progress regardless of what method you choose.
- It’s dependable: You don’t need to worry about the myriad of external factors when you choose to receive online therapy. No matter where you are or what happened during your daily routine, you will always just be one click away from your scheduled appointment time.
- You have more flexibility: Because you are virtually meeting with your therapist, it allows your therapist to offer more available times for you to schedule an appointment.
These are all great reasons to consider a teletherapy appointment, and there’s even more! Every person’s situation is unique, and it is our mission to provide you with the most comprehensive plan of care. We will equip you with the tools and tips necessary for you to not only benefit you when future conflicts arise, but help your overall mental wellbeing improve for a better way of living. If you would like to explore the benefits of online counseling with one of our providers, reach out to Thriveworks Troy Counseling today.
Find Online Support with Thriveworks Troy, MI Counseling
Thriveworks Troy Counseling is your trusted counseling service that provides our clients with the flexible and professional support needed. We offer a wide range of counseling services including family counseling, anxiety and depression counseling, and more. Our online counseling is catered to your unique situation and presented by licensed and highly experienced therapists. We want to help you thrive!
You can give our office a call at (248) 764-4182 to be connected with a scheduling specialist. Our scheduling specialists will help you pick a time that works best for you. We are often able to schedule your first session within 24 hours of your initial call. Our counselors, therapists, life coaches, and psychologists look forward to connecting with you whether it is over the phone or on video chat!