John can’t seem to get up in the morning. Sheryl panics at the thought of having to drive across a bridge. Ian can’t stop worrying about work even though he’s reached his goals for the quarter. Brittney wonders if she’s out of control, feeling incredibly energized or depressed depending on the day
Millions of people in the United States alone struggle with mental health issues every single day. If you’ve ever felt like John, Sheryl, Ian, or Brittney, we want you to know that help is available.
Sometimes, going into an office for mental health care can be too much of a hassle. Thankfully, there’s another option: online counseling. Many of our clients love speaking with a mental health professional remotely because it’s an easy and convenient way to access care.
If you’ve been thinking about working with a counselor or therapist, consider setting up an appointment at Thriveworks Counseling in Shreveport, LA. Our team of licensed mental health professionals can help you find a sense of peace and calm in your life.
Types of Online Mental Health Treatment
Online counseling or therapy is very similar to traditional, face-to-face therapy. The biggest difference is that you’ll meet with your provider virtually. The rest of the process is the same –– your provider will get to know you before creating an individualized treatment that targets your specific issues.
We offer many types of therapy and counseling online, including:
- Depression therapy
- Anxiety therapy
- Family therapy
- Child and teen therapy
- PTSD counseling
- Grief counseling
- Anger management counseling
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Marriage counseling and couples therapy
- Career counseling and life coaching
- LGBTQ+ therapy
Mental health care isn’t “one size fits all” and we understand that your treatment should be specific to your needs. No matter what you’re dealing with, a licensed therapist or counselor from Thriveworks Counseling in Shreveport, LA can help you find relief. Take the first step today by calling our office to set up an appointment with a licensed professional.
Why Try Therapy or Counseling Online?
Online therapy or counseling lets you access mental health care from the comfort of your own home. Many of our clients thrive using this style of therapy as it helps them be more comfortable and at ease than they would in a traditional therapy environment.
Clients love online therapy for many reasons, including:
- Easy scheduling: Finding a time for mental health care is easier when you don’t have to plan for a commute to a provider’s office.
- It’s comfortable: You might be nervous about the idea of in-person therapy or counseling. Working with a mental health professional online lets you choose where each session will take place. Feeling comfortable in your own space can help you be more open with your provider so you can make progress during each session.
- Treatment choices: You can choose between working with a provider through phone calls or video sessions. Phone counseling can be a great option for removing distractions or if you’re nervous about speaking with a therapist or counselor. Video chats are great for people who need face-to-face interaction, or who are already comfortable with the idea of seeing a mental health professional.
- It’s simple: Online sessions are incredibly simple. If you’re working with your provider over a video chat, you’ll receive a link before your session is set to start. Just click the link to enter the call. If you’re talking with a therapist or counselor over the phone, you’ll receive a phone call when your appointment is set to start.
Working with a professional can provide relief for your mental health. They’ll help you manage any symptoms you’re experiencing and find a healthier path forward.
Thriveworks in Shreveport, LA –– Book a Session Today
Have you been considering seeking out mental health services? We make it easy to schedule an appointment with an online therapist or counselor at Thriveworks Counseling in Shreveport, LA. Our team of mental health professionals can help you achieve your goals and make progress toward improving your mental health.
At Thriveworks, we want to make sure you can fit mental health care into your schedule. That’s why we offer evening and weekend sessions alongside convenient online treatment options. We’ll never put you on a waitlist and many of our new clients can see a professional within the same week as scheduling. We also offer a flexible cancellation policy.
Working with Thriveworks gives you resources that you won’t find anywhere else including access to a provider between sessions via phone or email, “Dear Abby” style chat support for your mental health questions, and our counselor-moderated community discussion forum. We also accept insurance from most major health insurance providers and provide text message support for billing and scheduling questions.
Call us today at Thriveworks Counseling in Shreveport, LA to take the next steps on your mental health journey. Our customer service team is standing by to schedule your first therapy session and answer any questions you have. We can’t wait to hear from you.