Dallas Psychiatry—Psychiatric Care in Dallas, GA
Harper’s job is making her feel overwhelmed. No matter how hard (or how long) she works, her boss isn’t happy. He continues to push her, putting unrealistic due dates on the calendar. He insists that it’s for her own good, that she’ll achieve more than she ever thought possible.
Harper thinks there’s a tinge of truth to what her boss says, but it doesn’t help with her anxiety. She’s constantly on edge and she can’t manage to slow her racing thoughts. Every day, these thoughts run through her head:
- I’m not good enough for this job. Everyone else here is better than me.
- What if I don’t meet this deadline? I’m this close to getting fired.
- Should I ask for an extension? That will just make matters worse.
- There’s nothing out there for me. If I lose this job, it’s over.
Every minute of the day, her mind is racing with thoughts about work. These thoughts even begin to seep into her dreams. Work is on her mind whether she’s awake or asleep. And it’s starting to exhaust her.
Harper knows that she needs to talk to someone about what’s happening to her, but she’s hesitant. After confiding in her best friend, she decides that it’s time and schedules an appointment with a psychiatrist.
Her psychiatrist assesses her symptoms and diagnoses Harper with an anxiety disorder. Harper isn’t surprised, but she is relieved by what happens next: Her psychiatrist sets her up with her first therapy appointment and prescribes an anti-anxiety medication.
Psychiatrists fill this need for mental health assessment, diagnosis, and treatment. They help people every single day understand what is causing their symptoms and how they can manage or reduce these symptoms. If you have a need for this kind of care, consider scheduling an appointment with an online psychiatrist at Thriveworks Counseling in Dallas, GA.
Our psychiatrists work with their clients over the phone and video for the majority of their appointments. This means greater convenience and comfort for your psychiatry appointments. Call our office to schedule your appointment today.
Who Should See a Psychiatrist?
Thriveworks Counseling has helped people live happy, successful lives since 2008. We remain dedicated to this mission and can offer valuable services that help you improve or maintain your mental health.
If you are experiencing harmful symptoms of a mental health condition, you should talk to a medical professional, such as a psychiatrist. A psychiatrist can offer comprehensive care, from diagnosis to treatment. The following are commonly diagnosed and treated by psychiatrists:
- Depressive disorders: People who have depression are debilitated by a sadness that runs deep. These individuals lose interest in life, isolate themselves from others, and experience other symptoms like sleep disturbances.
- Anxiety disorders: People who have anxiety suffer from racing thoughts (as you can see in the example above with our character Harper). These individuals fail to tame these thoughts and suffer in important areas of life as a result.
- Eating disorders: Anorexia, bulimia, and other eating disorders are characterized by harmful behaviors like eating too little and vomiting after meals.
Psychiatrists can also help with bipolar disorder, substance abuse problems, addiction, and other mental health challenges.
The good news is that there is established treatment for these mental illnesses. Both therapy and medication prove to help people manage or reduce their harmful symptoms. When you talk to a psychiatrist about how you’ve been feeling and what you’ve been experiencing, they can offer a plan that is specific to you and your healing.
Schedule a Psychiatry Appointment at Thriveworks in Dallas, GA
If you are searching for psychiatrists in Dallas, GA, you are in the right place. Board certified psychiatrists can work at many different medical centers, including hospitals, rehabs, and practices like Thriveworks. We can set you up with a psychiatrist today, just call us for an appointment.
A big difference between Dallas psychiatric care at Thriveworks and other locations is that here, we can offer psychiatry online. While we may ask you to come in on occasion for an assessment or check-up that requires you to be in office, you can talk to your psychiatrist over the phone or video for most of your sessions.