On average, couples attend marriage and couples counseling for 12 weeks. However, couples & marriage counseling may last longer or shorter, dependent on the couples’ needs, the challenges they’d like to work through, and the pace of their progress.
At Thriveworks, we take most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session, depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
There’s nothing quite like the feeling of being with someone. Our romantic relationships can be one of life’s most rewarding experiences and sharing it with someone else only intensifies our feelings. But our feelings about our relationship can be altered drastically depending on the health of our romantic connection. When dynamics shift from compassion to resentment, or when attempts to communicate turn into arguments, it can be hard not to feel hopeless when the relationship enters a rough patch.
If it feels like you and the one you love aren’t able to connect the way that you used to and are struggling to find common ground, then you might benefit from the assistance of a couples therapist or marriage counselor at Thriveworks in Noblesville, IN. With their professional insight and guidance, both of you can learn to understand each other more clearly while you grow as a couple.
Couples therapy or marriage counseling can seem like you’re at the end of the road. But at Thriveworks in Noblesville, we view therapy as the beginning of a new journey. The problems you’re facing in your relationship don’t have to be navigated alone. Reaching out to a mental health professional can offer you both new tools and insight.
Do We Need to See a Couples Therapist or Marriage Counselor?
There’s no definitive answer, but there are some warning signs that indicate you and your loved one might benefit from professional assistance. Some of these include:
- Arguments that last for hours or days
- Passive-aggressive or abusive behavior
- Inability to respect each other’s boundaries
- Avoiding physical touch or sex
- Lying and other forms of emotional manipulation
These are just a few of the ways that relationship difficulties can manifest between partners; your actual experience might be different. That’s why it’s best to be honest about the dynamics in your relationship that are making either of you feel uncomfortable. It’s normal if one or even both of you are uncertain about connecting with a couples therapist to talk about your relationship. However, your therapist isn’t going to judge, pick sides, or chastise you for the issues in your relationship. Their job is to listen and work with you to produce results.
Couples therapists and relationship counselors are qualified experts who are trained to assist couples with their difficulties. The therapists and counselors at Thriveworks in Noblesville, IN can help you and your partner to:
- Establish healthy boundaries
- Manage anger or anxiety
- Highlight the importance and need for compromise
- Rebuild trust after infidelity or dishonesty
- Rekindle sexual intimacy together
Opening up to a professional can feel scary—maybe even invasive. But there’s no need to worry about your private information or personal experience being shared outside of your session. We follow strict APA and HIPAA guidelines to make sure that your therapy experience is safe and secure.
Sometimes, only one partner is interested in getting professional assistance. It’s always better for couples to feel unified, but if you’re feeling unsure, remember that a couples therapist or relationship counselor won’t divide you but help bring you closer together.
Schedule Relationship Counseling or Therapy in Noblesville, IN
Instead of facing the difficulties in your relationship by yourselves, you can partner with a mental health professional at Thriveworks in Noblesville to start moving forward. Couples therapy and marriage counseling can benefit you both by helping you to:
- Rekindle intimacy by exploring physical aspects of your relationship
- Highlighting the importance and need for honesty
- Use feedback from both partners to establish healthy boundaries for communication
- Rebuild trust by working through tough issues like infidelity or verbal abuse
Couples who enroll with Thriveworks get access to some of the industry’s best benefits. We’ve got you covered with:
- Scheduling assistance 7 days a week: Our scheduling specialists are available every day of the week, helping you find the right counselor to fit your needs and the schedule that fits both of your lives.
- Online therapy: With online therapy, moving your relationship forward doesn’t need to be held up by your busy schedule or time spent apart for work or travel. As long as you can talk privately, and get access to the internet, you and your partner can still attend sessions together.
- Same-day appointments and flexible cancellations: If something comes up or you aren’t feeling well, rest assured that you won’t be charged for missing your session, as long as you give us a few days’ notice.
Getting the stability your relationship needs to heal doesn’t have to be difficult. Thriveworks in Noblesville, IN has the resources and professional guidance that can help you and your partner to improve your relationship. If taking the proactive step to call our office to schedule counseling or therapy feels right, then don’t hesitate to reach out.