Couples Therapy, Marriage Counseling in Nashville, TN
From little squabbles now and then to big issues that threaten major discord, no marriage is immune to disagreements or challenges. However, just because it may be “normal” that every couple faces problems now and then, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take them seriously.
If you and your spouse are struggling to see eye to eye, Thriveworks Counseling in Nashville, TN has couples therapists and marriage counselors who can help. Relationship help is certainly worth considering as a conduit to help you achieve resolution. In fact, you may wish to think of it as an investment in your relationship and yourselves.
The Highs and Lows of Romantic Relationships
Of course, it is normal for relationships to have their ups and downs throughout the years. Some days you’re living in peace and harmony, while at other times it may seem like you argue over everything.
Even little disagreements can take their toll over time, but some couples still brush them off because their relationship has otherwise been satisfactory. But why wait until things get worse?
Our highly skilled couples and marriage therapists have truly “heard it all.” Over time, they have come to recognize trends in the disagreements of many married couples. Some of these common issues include:
- Concern that a partner has been or may be unfaithful
- Short tempers, aggression, or anger towards a spouse or child
- Struggling to communicate effectively with one another
- Disagreements about how to raise or discipline children
- Worry about spending habits, debt, and budgeting
While the mental health professionals at Thriveworks in Nashville, TN have come to understand that spouses from all walks of life can have similar disagreements, they also know that no two couples are ever the same. You can expect highly personalized, attentive support for whatever challenges you’re facing.
At Thriveworks Counseling in Nashville, TN, we can also help with more unique situations, including:
- Therapy for couples with a partner who has come out as transgender
- Disagreements over addictions to video games, shopping, or gambling
- Anxiety over new or unusual sexual preferences
- Stress about raising children when spouses come from two different religions or cultures.
In a recent survey by the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, 97% of people reported they were successful in receiving the help they needed from a trained counselor. Furthermore, 93% of those people shared that seeing a therapist left them feeling better equipped to deal with any relationship issues, should they occur in the future.
Why Try Couples Counseling at Thriveworks in Nashville?
Are you still not sure whether seeing a counselor is the right choice for you and your partner? Here are a few points that you may want to keep in mind when deciding whether to pursue therapy:
- Professional counselors are experts at helping you move ahead when you feel stuck, making counseling an effective option for couples who know what’s wrong, but not how to fix it
- Regardless of the outcome, participating in counseling is wise if you feel you want to give your relationship another chance
- Therapy can help you and your partner develop better problem solving and communication skills as individuals, as well as a couple
- Participating in counseling can aid you in gaining a deeper understanding of who your spouse truly is and what motivates him or her
We wholeheartedly believe in, and have seen the benefits of, couples attending couples therapy and marriage counseling. However, we also recognize that sometimes divorce truly is the best option. Despite your best intentions, when you said “I do,” or active participation in therapy, it is possible you may realize that separating is healthy for you both.
The stigma that was once associated with divorce is changing; more couples are able to admit when they’re struggling or not feeling engaged in their relationship any longer, and they’re more willing to seek help to resolve the matter. At the same time, more partners are recognizing it’s acceptable to move on when things truly aren’t working, rather than staying together to put on a show.
Perhaps you haven’t tried therapy, but you and your partner have already made the decision you want to separate. Nashville TN couples counseling can still facilitate the resolution of your issues so you can go forward in the most positive light possible. This is a wonderful outcome for your own, personal well-being and can also make the situation more manageable if you’ll be co-parenting.
Divorce isn’t where anyone expects their marriage to wind up, but working through your issues in a safe, supportive environment with a Thriveworks relationship counselor can help make a tough period in your life a bit easier.
Reach Out to a Marriage or Couples Therapist at Thriveworks in Nashville, TN
If you and your partner are considering couples therapy or marriage counseling, don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have. Our marriage and couples counselors at Thriveworks in Nashville, TN are keen to help you.