Therapy for Anxiety Disorders in Nashville, TN
We see it all too often: People with anxiety try everything they can think of to not feel so anxious and yet nothing seems to help and they give up.
Some clients lived with anxiety for years before coming to see us for anxiety counseling. No matter where you are with your anxiety, if you’re having regular panic attacks, or living your life avoiding things that make you anxious, Thriveworks Counseling in Nashville, TN is here to help. We have anxiety therapists who can offer cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), exposure therapy, relaxation techniques, and other coping mechanisms to help you manage and reduce anxiety.
If you’re interested in receiving professional anxiety help, please call Thriveworks in Nashville, TN. We can set you up with a counselor or psychologist right away. Remember, we have mental health professionals on our team who have specific experience and training in helping people with their anxiety.
What Type of Anxiety Is This?
Feeling like you’re the only person dealing with your particular form of anxiety can make it worse. Your counselor will help you understand the various types of anxiety and which one you’re dealing with. In many cases, clients end up being diagnosed with more than one type of anxiety. Though there are many different types of anxiety disorders, a few of the most common ones include:
- Panic disorders: This form of anxiety is characterized by panic attacks. People often mistake these for heart attacks and also experience a sudden feeling of lost control.
- Social anxiety disorder: This anxiety disorder is, as you probably guessed, characterized by anxiety that’s felt in social interactions/situations. One might feel anxious when speaking in public, in a job interview, or when going out with friends.
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD): This type of anxiety is the kind you’re likely most familiar with. GAD is characterized by anxiety that is felt in a range of different situations and day to day events.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): Post-traumatic stress disorder is also a form of anxiety, though many people do not realize it fits into this category. PTSD is triggered by traumatic events and comes with harmful symptoms like flashbacks and nightmares.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD): Another common type of anxiety, OCD is characterized by unhealthy thoughts and compulsions that the individual just can’t shake.
Are you displaying symptoms of a possible anxiety disorder? Don’t suffer in silence. Reach out for help and learn to manage and reduce this anxiety today. At Thriveworks, your anxiety therapist will work to understand your particular presentation of anxiety and then design a treatment plan with your exact needs in mind.
Anxiety Treatment: What Will Help?
There is a wide range of treatment options available to you. Some clients choose to take medications but remember that their purpose is to treat the symptoms of anxiety – not the core cause. Anxiety therapy will help you dig deep, look back at your life, and find out why you’re experiencing anxiety in the first place. Here are a few types of therapy that prove successful in helping people with their anxiety problems:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Interpersonal therapy
- Exposure therapy, to objects or situations
Many people have gone through a traumatic experience that has led to their anxiety. Others are simply born with a higher likelihood of experiencing anxiety. When you work with us, you’ll work one-on-one with a counselor who will create a customized plan for you.
Let Thriveworks in Nashville, TN Help You on Your Journey
There are many ways to treat anxiety. In some cases, the right path forward may include discussing trauma and working through it in a safe environment. In other cases, family counseling or lifestyle changes may be in order.
No matter what the right treatment plan is for you, you can count on one thing: Thriveworks Counseling in Nashville, TN will help you through this. You can look forward to in-person and online therapy options and many other premium counseling benefits
We look forward to the chance to meet and work with you. Contact our office to get set up with a mental health professional right away!