What is online therapy?
With Thriveworks, Online therapy is an effective alternative to in-person therapy services in which a client can speak to a Thriveworks therapist remotely via online video conferencing. Online sessions are just as effective as in-person treatment, but they can also provide added benefits like reduced travel time, saving money on transportation or childcare, and increased access to care.
How does online therapy work?
Online therapy works much like traditional in-person therapy but takes place through secure video conferencing. Clients can attend Online therapy from any safe place they choose that has access to the internet, whether that be their home or another easily accessible place. Like in-person treatment, a therapist will work with their client to address their concerns, create goals, and establish an effective treatment plan.
What is the best option for online therapy?
There is no best option for online therapy—instead, it's best to focus on finding a provider that meets your speicifc needs and with wom you can form a professional connection with.
Is online therapy just as effective?
Yes, online therapy is just as effetive for many clients as in-person sessions.
How long does online therapy last?
Online therapy can last for a few months to years depending on the goals and symptoms of the client. The treatment process will be unique to each client and lend itself to their specific concerns, which means that the time it takes to treat them will always be different. Timing is also up to the client themselves; they are free to stop therapy whenever they please, especially if they feel they have reached their goals and addressed their concerns.
How much does online therapy cost?
Our Thriveworks therapists at Thriveworks in Little Elm, TX accept most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session, depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
Need more help deciding?
Is Online Counseling Effective?
Talk therapy is just as effective when it’s conducted through online counseling. Here are some of the reasons why many clients love our virtual options:
- Online counseling sessions at Thriveworks in Little Elm, TX can save time and money. Clients can meet with their therapist from home in the evening, without having to hire babysitters or take time off work.
- Online counseling at Thriveworks offers more scheduling options and flexibility for appointments. Some clients in the DFW metro area even meet with their therapist on weekends.
- Online counseling can make group therapy easier to organize because not everyone has to be physically in the same room at the same time.
- Online therapy allows clients to talk comfortably about sensitive topics from familiar surroundings.
- Virtual therapy clients can meet with their Thriveworks mental health providers even if they’re traveling for work or pleasure.
- Thriveworks online counseling is super secure and HIPAA-compliant so clients can protect their privacy.
- Virtual clients can meet with their therapists even if they’re ill or have mobility issues.
- Virtual clients can meet with their therapists even if they’re experiencing acute symptoms of anxiety or depression, making it hard to leave home.
- Online counseling enables people living in rural communities to access premium mental health services like those offered at Thriveworks in Denton County.
Are Online Therapists Fully Licensed?
Unfortunately, not everyone who calls themselves an online therapist is fully licensed. At every Thriveworks location, all mental health providers are fully licensed in their respective states. Thriveworks also employs these additional providers who can practice online:
- Psychiatric NPs, who can prescribe and manage medication
- Psychologists (PhDs or PsyDs), who can provide evidence-based psychotherapy solutions like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Licensed professional counselors (LPCs), who can solve problems and specific client issues
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs), who can support clients with social services guidance and counseling
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs), who can provide couples therapy, marriage counseling, and family therapy
What Mental Health Conditions Can Be Treated Online?
Most mental health conditions can be treated effectively online. Even acute conditions like major depressive disorder (MDD) can be managed through online counseling with a psychiatric NP at Thriveworks in Little Elm, TX.
Other issues and conditions that Thriveworks providers can treat include the following:
- Relationship issues
- Eating disorders
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Bipolar disorder (manic depression)
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Empty nest syndrome
- Family estrangements
- Attention difficulties
But a person doesn’t have to be in acute crisis to benefit from online counseling at Thriveworks in Little Elm, TX, or the greater Dallas-Fort Worth area. Long-term issues like low self-esteem or existential concerns can be addressed through the Thriveworks online therapy program.
Get Licensed Online Counseling at Thriveworks in Little Elm, TX
Most providers at Thriveworks accept major forms of health insurance. Mental health care is health care, after all.
As an additional benefit, Thriveworks clients can access their provider by phone or email between online sessions. We look forward to helping you achieve your goals in life. Call Thriveworks today or schedule online to get started.