The philosopher Jiddu Krishnamurti once stated, “Self-knowledge is the beginning of wisdom, which is the ending of fear.” The goal of therapy isn’t to get rid of negative feelings like sadness, fear, and anger. These feelings are all normal and often useful. But therapy can help us manage our emotions so they don’t overwhelm us and interfere with our goals.
Therapy can help us understand where our emotions originate. It can teach us our emotional triggers and lead us toward coping strategies that can keep us afloat when we’re feeling flooded. But therapy isn’t just about feelings. It can also be about behaviors, about interpersonal communication, about life events, about adversity. Therapy is insight, and it can help anyone who is willing to speak and be truly heard.
Online counseling at Thriveworks in Little Elm, TX is comprehensive therapy that takes place via a secure online therapy platform. Thriveworks online counseling isn’t a text messaging or life coaching service. It’s full-length therapy sessions by phone call or live video with fully licensed therapists or another type of mental health provider. The only way it’s different from traditional therapy is in the medium, not the quality.
Is Online Counseling Effective?
Talk therapy is just as effective when it’s conducted through online counseling as it is when it takes place in-person in an office or clinic setting. Thriveworks clients in Little Elm, TX are still getting a live chat with their fully licensed therapist, usually face to face. What are the benefits of online counseling over in-person therapy? Let’s go through a few of them.
- Online counseling sessions at Thriveworks in Little Elm, TX can save time and money. Clients can meet with their therapist from home in the evening, without having to hire babysitters or take time off work.
- Online counseling at Thriveworks offers more scheduling options and flexibility for appointments. Some clients in the DFW metro area even meet with their therapist on weekends.
- Online counseling can make group therapy easier to organize because not everyone has to be physically in the same room at the same time.
- Online therapy allows clients to talk comfortably about sensitive topics from familiar surroundings.
- Virtual therapy clients can meet with their Thriveworks mental health providers even if they’re traveling for work or pleasure.
- Thriveworks online counseling is super secure and HIPAA-compliant so clients can protect their privacy.
- Virtual clients can meet with their therapists even if they’re ill or have mobility issues.
- Virtual clients can meet with their therapists even if they’re experiencing acute symptoms of anxiety or depression, making it hard to leave home.
- Online counseling enables people living in rural communities to access premium mental health services like those offered at Thriveworks in Denton County.
Are Online Therapists Fully Licensed?
Unfortunately, not everyone who calls themselves an online therapist is fully licensed. At Thriveworks in Little Elm, TX and at Thriveworks nationwide, all mental health providers are fully licensed in their respective states. Thriveworks also employs these additional providers who can practice online:
- Psychiatrists (MDs), who can prescribe and manage medication
- Psychologists (PhDs or PsyDs), who can provide evidence-based psychotherapy solutions like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Licensed professional counselors (LPCs), who can solve problems and specific client issues
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs), who can support clients with social services guidance and counseling
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs), who can provide couples therapy, marriage counseling, and family therapy
What Mental Health Conditions Can Be Treated Online?
Most mental health conditions can be treated effectively online. Even acute conditions like major depressive disorder (MDD) can be managed through online counseling with a psychiatrist or a psychotherapist at Thriveworks in Little Elm, TX. Other issues and conditions that Thriveworks providers can treat include the following:
- Relationship issues
- Eating disorders
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Bipolar disorder (manic depression)
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Empty nest syndrome
- Family estrangements
- Attention difficulties
But a person doesn’t have to be in acute crisis to benefit from online counseling at Thriveworks in Little Elm, TX or in the greater Dallas-Fort Worth area. Long-term issues like low self-esteem or existential concerns can be addressed through the Thriveworks online therapy program.
Get Licensed Online Counseling at Thriveworks in Little Elm, TX
The licensed online counselors at Thriveworks can be reached by phone or on the web today, and you can meet with one as early as tomorrow or the next day. Take advantage of the mental health services offered by using your insurance coverage to pay for sessions. Most providers at Thriveworks accept major forms of health insurance. Mental health care is health care, after all. As an additional membership benefit, Thriveworks clients can access their provider by phone or email between online sessions.
We look forward to helping you achieve your goals in life. Call Thriveworks today!