The human brain can imagine the future, but it can also imagine the worst possible future. Over time, this tendency can become a source of acute anxiety. A little anxiety can sometimes be healthy, but when your fears and worries become overwhelming and interfere with regular functioning, then it may need to be managed. Fortunately, Thriveworks can help.
The anxiety therapists at Thriveworks in Little Elm, TX ensure that clients get mental health care from industry-leading experts. If you’ve been feeling anxious, it may be helpful to schedule an anxiety counseling session.
Can I Go to a Family Doctor for Anxiety?
Many people with anxiety first present to a family doctor or even a hospital emergency room with their symptoms. This is because anxiety can sometimes cause physical symptoms like migraines, sweating, nausea, dizziness, shortness of breath, and digestive difficulties.
People with anxiety may experience irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or another condition that calls for medical care. Or someone having a panic attack due to panic disorder may rush to the emergency room with the fear that they’re having a heart attack.
But primary care doctors are not anxiety therapists. Licensed mental health providers like those on our clinical team at Thriveworks in Little Elm, TX have expert knowledge. They know how to diagnose, treat, and help prevent anxiety.
Thriveworks psychiatrists can prescribe anti-anxiety medication to support neurochemical health. Thriveworks psychotherapists can utilize various types of therapy like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to reduce anxiety in the short term and long term.
And Thriveworks licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs) can help you and your family members find coping strategies at home.
What Are the Symptoms of Anxiety?
There are many different types of anxiety and their symptoms and treatment plans may differ. Mental health professionals who specialize in anxiety counseling may look for the following symptoms in clients:
- Excessive anxiety and worry that’s difficult to control.
- Restlessness or feelings of being worked up
- Physical and mental fatigue
- Attention difficulties
- Muscle tension
These are just a few of the many ways that a mental health disorder like anxiety can manifest, so it’s important not to be worried if what you’re feeling isn’t listed—anxiety counseling can help you understand and manage your unique symptoms.
What Is Anxiety Therapy?
To treat anxiety disorders and other mental health conditions, the exceptional therapists at Thriveworks in Little Elm, TX may use any of the following evidence-based approaches in anxiety counseling:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Exposure therapy, especially for specific phobias of objects or situations (also called systematic desensitization)
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Holistic treatments like mindfulness meditation and deep breathing
- Relaxation techniques like progressive muscle relaxation
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT)
- Panic-focused psychodynamic psychotherapy
At Thriveworks in Little Elm, TX our anxiety therapists and counselors have years of experience in treating anxiety that stems from a wide variety of sources. Whatever is concerning you, rest assured that our mental health professionals will listen and provide compassionate guidance as you work through your anxiety—as a team.
Is There an Anxiety Therapist Near Me?
At Thriveworks in Little Elm, TX we offer anxiety counseling both in person and online. Our providers help everyday people like you experience relief and newfound enjoyment from being able to better cope with and understand their anxiety.
Anxiety therapy isn’t just about addressing chronic fears and worries; the right anxiety counseling approach can offer assistance toward:
- Helping family members or partners understand your anxiety through relationship therapy or family counseling
- Promoting better self-awareness
- Developing coping mechanisms to use in real-life, anxiety-inducing situations outside of anxiety therapy sessions
Severe anxiety can prevent people from achieving their goals and finding joy in the moment. Anxious people might anticipate doomsday scenarios around every turn. But there’s hope—anxiety therapy can offer solutions to recurrent anxiety.
Talk to a Premium Anxiety Therapist at Thriveworks in Little Elm, TX
Anxiety therapy at Thriveworks in Little Elm, TX can help you get your life back. If you call the office today or book online, you may meet with an exceptional counselor as early as tomorrow. We also offer the following perks:
- The ability to work with most insurance plans
- Mental health help when and where you need it — within the same week as scheduling, in-person and online
- Scheduling yourself online or with the help of our support team over the phone
- Get personalized mental health care for your unique needs
Anxiety counseling is an effective and sometimes even transformative form of mental health care. We can’t wait to help you find a premium therapist who can offer the anxiety therapy services you’re looking for.