Being in love—or just being in a relationship, for that matter—doesn’t mean you have to be exactly alike. Intimate partners can come together from different backgrounds and upbringings and can have different communication styles and coping strategies.
These differences can make romantic love more vibrant and interesting. But what happens when people who love each other start feeling too different? Or what if they clash because they’re too similar?
A couples therapist or marriage counselor at Thriveworks Little Elm, TX can step in to help find practical solutions. Our couples therapists and marriage counselors are trained to see issues from each spouse’s point of view and provide insight to bring each person closer together.
If you and your partner are ready to start making healthy changes for the benefit of your relationship or marriage, call or go online to schedule couples therapy or marriage counseling with Thriveworks Little Elm, TX.
What Is Couples Therapy and Marriage Counseling?
Couples counseling can lead to effective problem solving and heightened compassion for romantic partners. Relationship and marriage therapy can help advance numerous goals that might be critical to the survival of a couple, including helping both partners:
- To feel more loved
- To feel more appreciated
- To model healthier relationships for children
- To feel like friends again
- To build trust
- To improve communication skills
- To reignite a spark or passion
- To enhance physical or emotional intimacy
- To reduce tension and conflict in the household
- To stop repeating the same argument over and over again without advancing
- To create healthier boundaries
- To heal after an affair
As you can tell, couples therapy and marriage counseling can address a wide range of issues, not limited to what’s listed. The couples therapy and marraige counseling professionals at Thriveworks Little Elm, TX have extensive training in interpersonal dynamics and communication.
Effective couples therapy treatment at Thriveworks in Little Elm, TX may draw from any of the following evidence-based approaches:
Relationship therapists might use games and exercises to help put couples at ease and facilitate healthy communication.
Who Sees Couples Counselors?
Numerous famous spouses have seen marriage counseling and couples therapy specialists, and have spoken up about how much marriage therapy has helped strengthen their relationships. The list includes:
- Barack and Michelle Obama
- Pink and Carey Hart
- Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard
- Will and Jada Pinkett Smith
- Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott
These are all examples of heterosexual couples, but couples counseling can also help people with different sexual orientations and gender roles or identities. Thriveworks in Little Elm, TX has numerous LGBTQIA-friendly therapists on staff to support gay, bisexual, and transgender couples.
How to Find Relationship Counseling
If you’ve decided to see a relationship therapist or marriage counselor for the first time, you may be overwhelmed by all the options out there. But you can start your search with some basic criteria:
- The counselor should be fully licensed in Texas. All Thriveworks mental health providers are fully licensed in their respective states, nationwide.
- The therapist should be affordable. Thriveworks therapists accept most major health insurance plans.
- Therapy sessions should be both convenient and comfortable. Thriveworks therapists in Little Elm, TX offer secure online counseling sessions as well as traditional, in-person counseling sessions at the modern office. Some clients even choose a hybrid session model.
Couples therapy and marriage counseling at Thriveworks Little Elm,TX offers top-tier, industry-leading professional counselors and therapists. We encourage you and your spouse or partner to consider whether our services could help improve your romantic relationship.
Schedule Marriage Counseling or Couples Therapy at Thriveworks in Little Elm, TX
Call Thriveworks Little Elm, TX today to get the relationship support that you and your partner need. We look forward to helping both of you to rebuild trust, healthy communication, enthusiasm, and much more.
And in addition to our highly-skilled providers, we also offer benefits which include:
- Received personalized mental health care for your unique needs
- Meet with your therapist quickly and easily via video—or meet with them in person
- Get affordable mental health care covered by insurance
- Experience therapy that works—get evidence-based therapy from expert relationship counselors
Relationship counseling isn’t about assigning blame or telling people what to think, do, or feel—it means facilitating open communication that can lead to greater mutual trust and understanding. We hope to have the privilege of working with you both—schedule online or contact our office when you’re ready to begin.