The author Shannon L. Alder once wrote, “Courage doesn’t happen when you have all the answers. It happens when you are ready to face the questions you have been avoiding your whole life.” Bravery means feeling your fears then confronting them head-on, whether you’re going into battle or sitting on a therapist’s couch for the first time. Seeing a professional therapist or counselor can be scary if you’ve never asked yourself hard questions before. But it can help to know what to expect from the therapeutic environment. And that’s where online counseling can help.
The online mental health providers at Thriveworks in League City, TX can meet with clients in their comfort zone, through secure telehealth software, introducing them to the benefits of therapy with scheduling convenience and familiarity. Best of all, numerous research studies have shown that online counseling can be just as effective as in-person counseling. The premium providers at Thriveworks can adapt all their best therapeutic strategies to work online as well as in the brick and mortar office in League City, TX.
Who Can Do Online Counseling? Are Virtual Mental Health Providers Fully Licensed?
Online counseling doesn’t mean unlicensed counseling. Online counseling is legitimate therapy when performed by a fully licensed counselor. All the mental health providers at Thriveworks in League City, TX are fully licensed. This means that Thriveworks clients can meet with any of the following providers online:
- Marriage and family therapists
- Substance abuse counselors
- Social workers
Thriveworks psychiatrists are medical doctors who can diagnose, treat, and help prevent mental health disorders. They can prescribe medication online and also make follow-up appointments with clients to manage medication. Thriveworks psychotherapists can provide evidence-based therapies like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) online. Thriveworks offers a full suite of virtual mental health services in addition to traditional therapy that takes place on a couch.
Is Online Therapy Affordable?
Online therapy at Thriveworks in League City, TX is directly comparable to in-person therapy, thus Thriveworks mental health providers can accept most health insurance plans. This minimizes out-of-pocket expenses for clients. Online counseling at Thriveworks is a cost-effective way to get the premium psychological support you need.
Why Do People Choose Online Counseling?
Thriveworks clients choose online counseling for a wide variety of reasons, including the following:
- Convenience. With online counseling, clients can schedule appointments on evenings or weekends and not have to take time off work. They also don’t have to drive to another location, saving them time and money on transportation. And sometimes they don’t even have to pay a babysitter to watch the kids.
- Increased access. Online counseling enables people in rural areas and people with limited mobility to access the premium mental health services they need and deserve.
- Portability. Thriveworks clients can travel for work or pleasure and still make their counseling appointments as long as they have a phone or a reliable internet connection.
- Comfort and familiarity. Sometimes it’s just easier to open up emotionally when you’re in your comfort zone, surrounded by familiar objects.
- Anonymity and privacy. Though there’s very little stigma surrounding mental health issues these days, Thriveworks values client privacy, and some clients don’t like to walk in and out of therapy offices.
- Diversity. Because clients aren’t limited to choosing a Thriveworks counselor who lives immediately nearby, they can shop around for a Thriveworks provider who specializes in the client’s issue.
- Accommodation. People who are suffering from a mental health disorder sometimes have a hard time leaving the house. Depression, social anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), and other issues can make travel difficult. Online counseling doesn’t require anyone to leave the house to receive quality help.
Start Your Relationship with an Exceptional Online Counselor at Thriveworks in League City, TX
When you call the Thriveworks office in League City, TX, our staff can match you to an exceptional mental health provider who can begin meeting with you virtually as early as tomorrow or the next day. Thriveworks telehealth software is simple and easy to use, no matter how tech-savvy you are. If you can open an email, you can speak to a Thriveworks counselor online.
In addition to quick appointment times, Thriveworks clients receive other benefits like email and phone access to their provider between sessions, and exclusive educational resources like Thriveworks videos and e-books. Thriveworks also has a super flexible cancellation policy. Our counselors know that things can come up last-minute in their clients’ busy lives.
Whether you’re new to the therapeutic process, or you’ve been in therapy for years but want to give virtual therapy a shot, online counseling at Thriveworks is your best choice to get top-rated, compassionate, expert therapy at affordable prices. Don’t wait any longer to get the mental health support you deserve. It’s time to start feeling better. Call Thriveworks today.