Taking care of your mental health is just as important as caring for your physical health. Like any routine at the gym, it takes work and dedication to achieve results. If you feel like you are suppressing your emotions or aren’t effectively dealing with your mental health, you may start to experience problems in your personal and professional life.
With life as busy as it is, it can be difficult to make time for your mental health. Between work, relationships, hobbies, and family, many choose to not make it a priority. Even so, mental and emotional disorders don’t wait for a time when you have the chance to cope. If you’re struggling with a mental health issue, it’s a good idea to prioritize getting the help you need to be happy and healthy.
Would you like to pursue counseling but don’t know how to integrate it into your everyday life? If so, online counseling may be a solution for you. Though similar in method to in-person therapy, online mental health services provide greater accessibility and flexibility for both clients and therapists.
Thriveworks in Lafayette, IN is dedicated to delivering excellent care wherever you are, offering online therapy services with our licensed counselors for your convenience.
What Types of Therapy Are Offered Online?
Since therapy centers on verbal collaboration between counselor and client, online sessions with a therapist are very similar to face-to-face therapy appointments.
Thriveworks in Lafayette, IN provides an extensive selection of mental health services virtually. Many common types of therapy are available online, including the following:
- Marriage counseling and couples counseling: If you and your partner are experiencing a lack of passion or communication in your relationship, a couples counselor can help you rebuild that meaningful connection you share.
- Depression therapy and anxiety therapy: Anxiety and depression are two of the most common mental disorders. Our licensed therapists can help you discover the factors contributing to your illness and guide you through the healing process.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT): Cognitive behavioral therapy focuses on identifying patterns of thinking and how they influence emotions and decision-making.
- Family therapy and child therapy: Building a family is challenging and each family is unique and complicated in its relationships. Our family therapists can help your family live in harmony and learn problem-solving skills to confront uncomfortable situations.
- PTSD counseling and trauma therapy: Trauma and PTSD can interfere with your ability to live a normal life. Counseling can help you address the immediate symptoms of trauma and PTSD while rebuilding your self-esteem and developing effective coping mechanisms.
- Anger and stress management: High levels of stress and anger can be detrimental in both the short-term and long-term. Therapy can help you channel your emotions in a healthier way so you don’t get caught in a harmful emotional cycle.
- Life coaching and career counseling: It can be easy to lose sight of your goals or get stuck in a career that doesn’t make you happy. In these situations, a life coach or career counselor can help you find your passion and give you actionable steps toward the career you want.
- Grief and loss counseling: Everyone experiences loss during their lives but not all people cope with it in the same way. Grief counselors can help individuals or families through difficult times and empower them to move forward.
The Benefits of Online Therapy
Thriveworks in Lafayette, IN provides online therapy and counseling by both phone calls and video chat, depending on your preference. Seeking help from an online therapist may feel different than traditional therapy but many clients find the benefits to be similar.
If you live in a rural or remote area or have other physical limitations preventing access to our office, finding a therapist online is a great opportunity to access quality mental health services.
In this way, we are able to accommodate clients of all locations and backgrounds.
Additionally, online therapy is adaptable to your schedule, enabling you to speak with a licensed mental health professional when you may otherwise not be able to. It’s also affordable; in fact, Thriveworks accepts many major health insurance providers for online services.
Schedule an Online Counseling Session at Thriveworks in Lafayette, IN
If you’re interested in exploring the ways that therapy sessions can help you build a happier and healthier life, consider online counseling with Thriveworks in Lafayette, IN. Call us and you could have an appointment scheduled in as little as 24 hours.
Beyond that, our online counselors offer sessions in evenings and weekends. We also offer a number of additional benefits, including:
- Appointment confirmation and rescheduling by text message via the Success Navigator app
- Counselor advice by phone or email in between online sessions
- Access to our Therapy Buddy app to supplement your appointments
- Community discussion boards moderated by mental health professionals
- Free access to our eBook on depression
Call our licensed professionals at Thriveworks today to learn how you can take the next step toward improving your mental health.