The author Roy T. Bennett once stated, “Do not set aside your happiness. Do not wait to be happy in the future. The best time to be happy is always now.” Humans tend to procrastinate and put off their self-care. For example, diets tend to start next Monday, after the indulgent weekend. Vacations will happen after some vague milestone at work. Important books get read after first watching the binge-worthy TV. But what’s stopping us from being happy right this second? Isn’t it a frame of mind? Mindfulness experts say it is. Okay, so let’s learn to be mindful. Tomorrow. Or maybe next month after the house sells, or after someone graduates, or after the divorce is finalized…
You don’t have to delay self-care. You can do something now, in the moment, that represents tiny progress toward your goals. And if even those small steps are overwhelming, a professional counselor may be able to help you identify your roadblocks. You can call Thriveworks in La Habra, CA and see a licensed, insightful counselor as early as tomorrow in a comprehensive online session.
Is Online Counseling as Effective as In-Person Counseling?
So far all the scientific data indicates that online counseling is just as effective as in-person counseling. Many people have made the shift from traditional therapy to online counseling because of the following reasons:
- Online therapy sessions can save time and money. Clients can do them from home in the evening, without having to hire babysitters or take time off work.
- They can offer more scheduling options for appointments. Some clients at Thriveworks in La Habra, CA even meet with their therapist on weekends.
- They can facilitate family therapy or couples therapy by allowing everyone to video conference rather than gathering everyone in the same place at the same time.
- They allow clients to talk comfortably about sensitive topics from their own familiar surroundings.
- They permit clients to meet with their mental health providers even if they’re traveling for work or pleasure.
- They’re super secure and HIPAA-compliant so clients can safeguard their privacy.
- They allow clients to meet with their therapists even if they’re ill or have mobility issues.
- Clients can meet with their therapists even if they’re experiencing acute symptoms of anxiety or depression, making it hard to leave home.
- They enable people in rural communities to access the premium mental health services they deserve.
Can Anyone Call Themselves an Online Therapist and See Clients?
Before you commit to online counseling, you need to make sure that you’re booking a session with a fully licensed therapist or counselor. Some so-called virtual mental health services are just life coaching or text messaging. For legitimate talk therapy that can help you achieve your goals in life, you need to be treated by someone with extensive experience, mental health qualifications, and expertise. The online therapy program at Thriveworks in La Habra, CA recruits mental health providers from the top 4% of their field. These providers include the following:
- Psychiatrists (MDs)
- Psychologists (PhDs or PsyDs)
- Licensed professional counselors (LPCs)
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs)
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs)
If you’re not sure what kind of provider you need, the high-touch staff in the Thriveworks office in La Habra, CA can help you figure it out.
How Can I Get an Online Therapist or Psychiatrist?
To get a top-rated online therapist or a psychiatrist who can diagnose, treat, and help prevent mental health conditions, you simply need to reach out to Thriveworks in La Habra, CA. You can read the extensive clinician biographies on the Thriveworks website and decide who is the best match for you. Most first-time Thriveworks clients can arrange an appointment quickly and be seen within 24-48 hours of their phone call or online booking. All Thriveworks therapists are fully licensed and can speak to clients by phone or video chat. These live sessions are of the same length and quality as in-person sessions.
What Can an Online Counselor Treat?
An online counselor can treat most of the same life issues and mental health conditions that an in-person counselor can. For instance, Thriveworks providers can treat any of the following through their online therapy platform:
- Relationship issues
- Eating disorders
- Panic disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Existential crises
- Empty nest syndrome
- Marital conflicts
- Attention difficulties
Counseling services might include an evidence-based therapy approach like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), or mindfulness training.
Get Licensed Online Mental Health Support at Thriveworks in La Habra, CA
The mental health providers at Thriveworks in La Habra, CA accept insurance from most major plans. Accepting health insurance helps keep therapy affordable for all who need it. For clients paying out-of-pocket, Thriveworks offers competitive rates.
Call today to find out what services are available and how they can help you achieve your goals. We look forward to matching you to an exceptional online counselor.