Relationships aren’t easy. If you’re in one, you probably already know that. They take a lot of hard work, communication, and trust. Conflicts are bound to come up. No matter how long you and your partner have been together, you’re likely going to hit some rough patches. And that’s okay!
At Thriveworks Counseling in Jackson, MS, we have marriage counselors and couples therapists who are trained and experienced in helping couples work through all different kinds of problems and challenges. Our counselors and therapists will spend time assessing both of your needs, challenges, and goals. Doing so will give them a full picture of what is going on in order to best treat the matters at hand. With the information they gather, they’ll create a customized treatment plan that is specific to you and your partner.
If you feel like you and your significant other would greatly benefit from working with one of our mental health professionals, consider reaching out today.
What Is Couples Therapy? What Is Marriage Counseling?
Couples counseling and marriage counseling involve partners working with mental health professionals called marriage and family therapists to improve communication and problem-solving skills, resolve conflicts, facilitate honest conversation, and boost overall relationship dynamics.
Common reasons why couples choose to work with one of our counselors or therapists include:
- Poor communication
- Major life changes
- Financial stress or strain
- Stress management
- Anger management
- Lack of intimacy
- Parenting disagreements
- Trouble conceiving
- Unaligned values
- Unbalanced household responsibilities
- Questioning separation or divorce
- And more
Though many couples get relationship counseling to resolve a specific issue, you don’t have to be in conflict to go to therapy together. At the end of the day, we want to provide you and your partner with solid advice and uplifting support in order to improve your relationship and help you move forward. Choosing to go to therapy is a smart decision. Your relationship can improve.
Do I Need Relationship Counseling?
When you’re having a persistent issue, no matter how big or small, getting the help of an outside, unbiased perspective is the best thing you can do. On average, couples will wait several years before getting the help they need to save their relationship, but that wait often means running the risk of ruining your relationship. Consider these scenarios:
- You and your partner are coming out of the honeymoon phase. Suddenly, there are little things that your partner does that drive you crazy.
- Your significant other continues to talk about a sensitive topic and you don’t know how many other ways you can ask them to stop.
- You have been together for a while now and your spark is starting to fade away.
- Your partner has been unfaithful. You are both ready to put the past behind you, but you aren’t sure how.
- You feel like your partner doesn’t prioritize quality time with you. They’re focused on doing other things instead.
Chances are, you can relate to at least one of these situations. It doesn’t matter if you’ve only been dating for a few months or have been married for over 10 years, you could most likely benefit from speaking with a trusted mental health professional. Even if there are no uncomfortable issues in your relationship, seeing a mental health professional together can help strengthen your healthy bond and provide a space to perform regular relationship maintenance.
Whether you just need a little extra help communicating or help overcoming past trauma, we can help you.
Relationship Counseling in Jackson, MS: Schedule a Session at Thriveworks Jackson
Here at Thriveworks Counseling in Jackson, MS, we believe mental health care should be client-focused. That’s why we offer our clients competitive benefits such as:
- Online therapy and psychiatry: Thriveworks offers both in-person and online therapy, moving your relationship forward doesn’t need to be held up by your busy schedule or time spent apart for work or travel.
- We accept insurance: Thriveworks accepts most major forms of insurance.
- Mental health care that works: Get evidence-based therapy and psychiatry from expert mental health professionals.
- Quick, easy scheduling: Thriveworks clients can book an appointment online or by calling our office and will usually see a provider within a week of scheduling an appointment.
To experience the benefits of counseling here at our office, reach out and book a session today by using our online booking tool or calling our office and speaking to one of our friendly scheduling specialists. We’re here and ready to help you as soon as you are!