Life Coaches in Indianapolis, IN
Ty needs to make a big decision. He likes his job, and he is doing well. Staying in this job is a safe option for Ty, but his brother recently presented him with a more riskier option. Since they were kids, Ty and his brother have wanted to start a business and work together. Now, they have an opportunity to do just that. Ty’s brother made a plan, and it is a good one. But like any new venture, it is risky—a calculated risk but a risk nonetheless. If the business succeeded, Ty would be living his dream, but there are never guarantees. Before answering his brother, Ty meets with his life coach a few times. Together, Ty and his life coach wonder, discuss, analyze, and dream. After a few sessions discussing this decision, Ty is confident of his next steps. He understands the risks and the potential rewards. Ty and his life coach made a plan to help him handle the stress and strain of starting a new business, but Ty is ready, thanks to his life coach.
Mia is heading out on an adventure. For the past fifteen years, she has lived in the same neighborhood, shopped at the same stores, and worked in the same cubicle. It was time for a change, and Mia decided to move to the opposite coast. She has always wanted to live there, but now that she is just six weeks away from her move, doubts are plaguing her. Will she find a place to live? How will she make friends? Will she succeed in her new job? As the questions mount, Mia decides to take action: she goes to see a life coach. Mia and her life coach meet weekly until her move and then they video conference as she makes the transition. They made a proactive plan to how to make friends, a list of housing options, and goals to meet at work. Mia was still nervous, but she made the transition to her new life. She is very happy she chose this adventure, and she is very happy she worked with a life coach.
The life coaches at Thriveworks Indianapolis have worked with many people like Ty and Mia. We have helped many clients navigate transitions, overcome roadblocks, and achieve what they want out of life.
What Exactly Do Life Coaches Do?
“Each person holds so much power within themselves that needs to be let out. Sometimes they just need a little nudge, a little direction, a little support, a little coaching, and the greatest things can happen.” —Pete Carroll
Coaching is often associated with sports, but it is also an emerging form of mental health care. Life coaches, in many ways, are reaching people that traditional counseling is not. It is a newer form of care within mental health, and it is important to define what life coaches are as well as what they are not. Here are a few facts about life coaches:
- Life coaches each have a unique style of care.
- The primary goal of life coaching is to inspire people to fulfill their potential and reach their life goals.
- Life coaches are not therapists. Therapists are not life coaches. They are different professions.
- Sessions with a life coach can be flexible and tailored to a client’s needs and preferences.
- An organization called The International Coach Federation (ICF) has laid out education initiatives for life coaches and endorses ethical standards for them, but they have no power to enforce these guidelines.
- No official organization regulates who can take the title of life coach. There is no unified certification process for life coaches.
- The quality of care that life coaches offer can vary greatly.
- Some life coaches work independently.
- Some life coaches partner with other therapeutic and/or medical professionals.
- The techniques that life coaches employ are said to be based upon principles established by sports coaches.
Potential Benefits of Life Coaching
One of the biggest benefits of life coaching is that it is almost always personalized. Clients often receive specific and unique care, and that can lead to so many other benefits. There are too many to list here, but many clients who pursue life coaching experience…
- A clear vision for their life. They often are able to articulate their priorities and their values for their life.
- The ability to set goals that align with their life vision and support their priorities and values.
- Honest, unbiased feedback that may be difficult to hear but is important for success.
- New strategies and techniques for fulfilling their own potential.
- Accountability that spurs them to achieve more.
- The space they need to dream and be inspired.
- Motivation to overcome roadblocks and setbacks.
- Increased confidence and self-esteem.
- Personal development.
- Professional development.
Scheduling an Appointment at Thriveworks Indianapolis for Life Coaching
Is there a goal you want to achieve? Do you have a big decision to make in your personal or professional life? If so, you may benefit from working with a life coach. When you call Thriveworks Indianapolis to schedule an appointment, know that our life coaches are also mental health professionals who have years of experience and who are licensed counselors. If you want to meet with a Thriveworks Indianapolis life coach, give our office a call. Your first appointment may be within 24 hours of that call, and we accept many forms of insurance. Let’s work together. Call today.