Thriveworks psychologists in Greensboro, NC provide standard psychotherapy services, tailoring treatment to each client and their unique concerns. However, they can also provide diagnoses to clients when appropriate, something that therapists and counselors cannot do. Finally, in some states in the U.S., they are allowed to prescribe medication.
Cam recently started a new job, in a new city, and feels overwhelmed. This is her first time living on her own and has not had the chance to go out and make new friends. Her job is in a very fast-paced environment, so she barely has time to even fit the gym into her schedule. Because of this, she often finds herself trying to cope with feelings of loneliness and sadness. Similar to Cam, do you feel like:
- You don’t have time to reflect at the end of the day?
- Stress is making you lose your appetite?
- Completing household tasks like the laundry and dishes feels impossible?
Don’t worry, you are not alone. It’s common for people’s lives to go through changes like these. However, you shouldn’t have to deal with it alone. Seeking professional help from a psychologist who is trained in helping you cope with your ups and downs can play a big role in getting back to a healthier way of living. Psychologists at Thriveworks Counseling in Greensboro, NC have the experience and skills to help you learn what your stressors are and how to overcome them. If you have encountered a problem and think you could benefit from some guidance, consider working with one of our psychologists. To schedule your first appointment, just give us a call at (336) 455-7696.
What Do Psychologists Do, Really?
A licensed psychologist has received the training and qualifications necessary to diagnose and treat those who are currently facing challenges in their life. These professionals will use different types and styles of therapy to work with a client on their specific concerns. During your session with a psychologist, you will go over all of your concerns, goals, and needs in order to create a unique treatment plan just for you. In turn, you will be able to connect on a deeper level with your therapist and create meaningful progress.
In instances where you might require or benefit from medication management, your psychologist will work closely with your primary care physician or psychiatrist to provide you with the best course of treatment. Sometimes it is determined that the best form of treatment is a combination of medication and therapy, but your Thriveworks psychologist will ultimately choose what is best for you.
Who Can Benefit from Working with a Psychologist?
There are many different reasons why someone may benefit from working with a licensed psychologist. One person might want help with how to cope with their anxiety. Another person might need to see a psychologist because of turmoil in their relationships. Everyone’s situation is different, and everyone’s situation is valid. Here is a list of some common reasons why you may choose to meet with a professional:
- Anger management
- Coping with the diagnosis of a physical illness
- Financial strain
- Major life transitions such as a new job or moving to a new area
- How to grieve the loss of a loved one
- Relationship turmoil with your family, friends, or partner
- Addiction recovery or how to cope when a loved one suffers from addiction
- Anxiety, depression, or other mental illnesses
- Help with divorce
- Stress management
- Trauma therapy
- Life coaching
This list is just some of the different reasons why you could benefit from therapy. If your concern was not listed, that doesn’t mean we can’t help you! Psychologists can virtually help with any problem that is brought up in therapy. On top of their many specialties, the psychologists at Thriveworks Counseling are caring, compassionate professionals who understand the importance of living a happy, healthy way of life. Their goal is to provide you with the skills and tools necessary to face these obstacles head-on with confidence.
If you are on the fence about pursuing a therapy session, consider the following questions:
- Have you tried everything you can to better your situation? If you have, there’s no reason to give up. We can help you get out of your rut.
- Are you nervous about opening up? Don’t worry, it is natural to feel nervous if you have never been to therapy before. Your psychologist will walk you through everything and will go as slow as you need to.
- Do you feel like therapy won’t help? It is common for people to think, “How could I possibly benefit from just talking?” Therapy is more than just expressing your feelings. View your psychologist as your personal fixer upper. They have a mental toolbox filled with utensils that they are ready to teach you how to use.
Schedule a Visit with a Psychologist at Thriveworks in Greensboro, NC
Once you are ready to take that next step and walk down the path of better living, we will be here ready to help you. We believe the cornerstone of quality care is based on compassion and excellence.
To schedule an appointment, we have two convenient options for you. You can either visit our online booking portal or connect with a scheduling specialist by calling (336) 455-7696. We have a wide range of availability for appointment times, so we are sure to have something that best fits your schedule. In addition, we offer online counseling where you can meet with a psychologist from the comfort of your own home.
We look forward to helping you thrive.