Frederick Psychiatry—Consult a Psychiatrist in Frederick, MD
Work is making Andrew feel miserable. His boss is never happy with his work and makes him feel worthless. She calls him at the end of each day to gage his productivity level and always finds something to pick on.
In a pit of despair, Andrew tries but struggles to stay motivated at work. He doesn’t see a point in trying anymore and begins to wonder:
- Is this going to be my life forever?
- Is there anything I can do to get out of this misery?
- I don’t want to go to work tomorrow. Should I call out or will I regret it?
- I don’t have the energy to go anyway. And I don’t care if I regret it.
Andrew quits his job the next day. Unfortunately, the misery doesn’t stop there. He continues to feel unhappy, worthless, and unmotivated. His family members start to worry, as they continue to call him but can’t reach him.
He knows that he needs help, but it sounds too hard. Fortunately, his brother convinces him to commit to one appointment with a psychiatrist. “You just have to go to one appointment for me. If you hate it, you never have to go back.”
Andrew agrees and schedules his session. Quickly, his psychiatrist diagnoses Andrew with major depressive disorder. They also talk to Andrew about his treatment options, recommending both therapy and medication. Andrew has a little glint of hope. He agrees to start seeing a therapist and try an antidepressant prescribed by his psychiatrist.
If you’re suffering from symptoms of depression, anxiety, or another mental health condition, please consider talking to a psychiatrist. These are professionals who specialize in making these diagnoses and providing their clients with the proper treatment methods.
We have online psychiatrists on our Thriveworks team in Frederick, MD. These medical professionals can help you in an online environment, over phone or video. The choice is yours. You may need to come in for an occasional in-person appointment, but otherwise, you can look forward to this convenient virtual care.
Who Can Psychiatrists Help?
We have helped people here at Thriveworks Counseling since the year 2008. We have seen just how life-changing mental health services can prove to someone’s life. If you are suffering mentally, emotionally, or even physically, as a result of a mental disorder, a psychiatrist can help you.
Psychiatrists commonly help their clients understand and manage the following disorders:
- Depression: As you can see from the example above, depression comes with deep feelings of sadness. Other common symptoms include lack of motivation, disinterest, feelings of worthlessness, and changes in sleep or appetite.
- Anxiety: Anxiety is another serious and common mental disorder. It is characterized by out-of-control thoughts that quickly take over one’s life. Some people experience anxious thoughts in virtually every area of life, while others experience anxiety in specific scenarios or circumstances.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): PTSD is an anxiety disorder that can result in trauma survivors who fail to cope with their traumatic experience. Memories of the event can bring on difficult mental and emotional symptoms like fear, irritability, and hypervigilance.
- Eating disorders: Eating disorders like anorexia and bulimia can come with many harmful symptoms and side effects. Those with anorexia might try to lose weight quickly by not eating sufficiently. Those with bulimia might try to lose weight or avoid gaining weight by vomiting after a meal.
Fortunately, both therapy and medication are effective treatment methods for people with these conditions. When you talk to a psychiatrist they can make a recommendation for treatment based on your unique needs. They can also administer this treatment themselves, be it therapy or medication.
Schedule an Appointment with a Psychiatrist at Thriveworks in Frederick, MD
Here at Thriveworks, we do our best to ensure that there is nothing in your way of receiving the mental health treatment you might need. To do this, we offer online services, we have flexible appointments in the evenings and on weekends, and we accept most major insurance plans.
To begin working with an online psychiatrist, call Thriveworks in Frederick, MD. We’re here to assist you.