What is the most painful experience you have ever endured? If you’ve lost a loved one, this is probably one of the first experiences that comes to mind. The death of a family member (those with two legs and four), a friend, or another individual whom we care for is one of the most heartbreaking experiences we have to go through as human beings. This form of loss brings out a variety of difficult emotions and presses pause on life as we know it.
Any significant change such as death, a job loss, moving to a new place, or a break up can trigger grief. Letting yourself express the emotions, get support and opt out of unnecessary obligations can avoid overwhelm. It can take several months to feel normal again. Don’t let anyone tell you that you should be done grieving. Grieve at your own pace.”
Some of the worst news that we can receive is that a loved one has passed. But Thriveworks Counseling has some good news for you: We can support you through your pain and heartbreak. We have grief counselors on our team who are experts at helping people grieve their losses and move forward with their life. We’re certainly not saying that doing so is easy, but we are saying that a grief counselor can provide you with the guidance and support you might need on this journey.
Thriveworks Counseling in Fairfield, CT can provide you with grief counseling as soon as today or tomorrow. Your pain is unique and we want to help you through it. If you think that you could benefit from working through your grief with a professional, schedule a grief counseling appointment at Thriveworks Counseling in Fairfield, CT today. Give us a call at (203) 433-3563.
What Is Grief? What Are the 5 Stages of Grief?
Grief is a unique experience for every individual. While it is certainly painful, grief is also a necessary process that eventually allows one to move forward in life. One individual might respond to their loss by checking out of work for a few days and going on vacation to gather their thoughts; another individual might respond to their loss by drowning themselves in work to cope. That said, there are 5 stages of grief that many people enter at some point or another in their grieving process. These include:
- Denial: This stage is characterized by shock and denial. We wonder how we can possibly go on and question everything we know to be true about life.
- Anger: In this stage, we feel enraged about the death of a loved one. If you are religious, you might direct your anger at God or another higher power.
- Bargaining: “I’ll never pick fights with my husband again, if you just bring him back. Please, let me wake up from this nightmare.” This is what the bargaining stage might look like.
- Depression: In this next stage, we experience empty feelings and often on a deeper level than ever before. We withdraw, as the deep sadness takes over.
- Acceptance: Acceptance doesn’t mean being okay with your loss. The truth is that you’ll probably never feel okay about your loss but you can accept the reality that your loved one has physically left this earth.
Your Thriveworks grief counselor will guide and support you through these stages of grief. They will help you work through all of the painful emotions that come your way.
How Can Grief Counseling Help?
We mentioned earlier that everyone’s experience with grief is different. That said, grief counselors help all of their grieving clients to accomplish a few main goals:
- Accept the reality of their loss
- Work through all of the painful emotions that come with it
- Determine a way forward without the loved one lost
Your grief counselor won’t stop until you’re at a healthy place to properly deal with your loss and move forward with your life. You deserve to press play on the life you know and love again. Your lost friend or family member would want you to find all of the happiness in the world.
Work with a Grief Counselor at Thriveworks Counseling in Fairfield, CT Today
We’d love nothing more than to take all of your pain away. We’ll do our best to help you work through your pain and grief in grief counseling. If you’ve lost a loved one and you are struggling to move forward with your life or need additional support, consider working with a grief counselor at Thriveworks Counseling in Fairfield, CT. We can begin this journey with you as soon as today or tomorrow. Call (203) 433-3563 to schedule your appointment.