Anxiety Therapy in Fairfield, CT—Therapy for Anxiety Disorders
Do you suffer from anxiety symptoms that wreak havoc on your life? Do you think that you might have an anxiety disorder, like generalized anxiety or social anxiety? Don’t worry. There is help available at Thriveworks Counseling in Fairfield, CT. We offer anxiety therapy and counseling for anxiety disorders, which is led by caring, skilled healthcare providers. These therapists and counselors can help you control your excessive or uncontrollable worry.
If you feel ready to schedule an appointment for anxiety therapy, reach out to Thriveworks Counseling in Fairfield, CT today. You can give us a call at (203) 433-3563 to speak with a scheduling specialist who will help you book a session. You will have flexible scheduling options to choose from, including extended hours in the evenings and weekends. We look forward to your call!
What Is Anxiety? What Are the Symptoms?
Experiencing anxiety every now and then is normal. For example, you might experience anxiety when your manager calls you in for an impromptu meeting; or, you might experience anxiety when your toddler starts screaming in the grocery store. However, when this anxiety becomes excessive and begins to negatively affect your life, that is when it becomes a problem.
Anxiety disorders can be mild or severe in nature, but they surpass the temporary and occasional worry. They can disturb your daily functioning as well as your performance at work and your relationships. Here are common anxiety symptoms to look out for:
- Excessive or uncontrollable worry
- Racing thoughts
- Impending doom or dread
- Lack of focus
These symptoms are common in people with anxiety. If you are presenting any of the above symptoms, be sure to get the treatment that you need. There is help available that has proven to help many others just like you, from medication to therapy.
Let’s talk for a moment about the latter form of treatment. Anxiety therapy is an effective form of treatment, which involves talking with a licensed, qualified therapist about your anxiety symptoms, as well as potential causes or triggers of anxiety. Additionally, your therapist will help you better manage your anxiety and ultimately live a happier, healthier life. Often, anxiety therapists will utilize cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) in these sessions, as this approach aims at helping people change problematic thought patterns. If this sounds like something you’re interested in or could benefit from, reach out to Thriveworks Counseling in Fairfield, CT.
Do I Have an Anxiety Problem? Is This an Anxiety Disorder?
If you have anxiety that surpasses occasional or everyday worry, you might be worried that you have an anxiety disorder. While many people have heard of generalized anxiety disorder, there are other types of anxiety, too! There’s social anxiety, panic disorder, specific phobias, and more. Let’s delve into these anxiety disorders further:
- Generalized anxiety disorder: Generalized anxiety disorder is characterized by everyday worry that is excessive or uncontrollable. Generalized anxiety known by many because it affects many: 40 million adults in the US.
- Social anxiety disorder: Social anxiety is characterized by intense anxiety in social situations about being negatively perceived by others. Sometimes called social phobia, this disorder affects approximately 15 million American adults.
- Panic disorder: Panic disorder is characterized by recurrent panic attacks (or anxiety attacks) which many people mistake for heart attacks. Other symptoms are shortness of breath, chest pain, and sweating. About 2.4 million Americans have panic disorder in any given year.
- Specific phobia: Specific phobia is an anxiety disorder that stems from irrational fear. For example, agoraphobia is an anxiety disorder rooted in a fear of situations that make one feel stuck or trapped. Approximately 10 million individuals have some kind of specific phobia.
Are you experiencing anxiety symptoms that match any of the above disorders? If the answer is yes, think about working with an anxiety therapist at Thriveworks Counseling in Fairfield, CT. These professionals have the skills, training, and experience to help you manage your anxiety symptoms and live better overall.
Work with an Anxiety Therapist at Thriveworks Counseling in Fairfield, CT
If you’re struggling with anxiety and accompanying anxiety symptoms like racing thoughts, lack of concentration, trembling, and dread, reach out to Thriveworks Counseling in Fairfield, CT. We can set you up with a caring anxiety therapist who can help you improve your health and happiness.
Are you ready to schedule an appointment? Give Thriveworks Counseling a call at (203) 433-3563. We’ll get you set up with an anxiety therapist as soon as possible and at your earliest convenience.