Even though Iris normally considers herself a positive person, she’s felt stuck in a slump for several months. After having lost her mother in the spring, her summer has felt like most of the joy has been sucked out. And despite her deep-seated sense of loss and grief, the world continues to turn. Friends and family, even, seem to be moving on and returning to their normal lives and sense of balance.
Because she feels like the only one still processing what happened, Iris is considering whether talking with a psychologist could help her cope. Iris hasn’t talked with a mental health professional before, but recently, she’s started to warm up to the subject. Having done some research online, she’s discovering that there could be a lot of benefits to her opening to someone about the issues that are troubling her. While it’s difficult knowing that her mother is gone, Iris knows that prioritizing her mental health needs could help her appreciate the relationships and people she still has in her life.
If you’re like Iris and you’re exploring the possibility of talking with a psychologist about your mental health concerns, we at Thriveworks in Edmond, OK would like to welcome you. Regardless of your age, background, or lifestyle, we believe that connecting with one of our mental health professionals can benefit you. Take the time to consider whether your mental health needs are being met, and if they aren’t, perhaps it’s time to give our Edmond, OK office a call.
Should I Talk with a Psychologist at Thriveworks?
Ultimately, deciding to seek counseling or therapy with a psychologist is an independent decision. But if you do choose to partner with one of our providers, you’ll be better equipped to navigate life’s hurdles with confidence and a better understanding of yourself. Our psychology team at Thriveworks in Edmond, OK commonly help everyday people deal with issues such as:
- Self-esteem issues
- Relationship problems
- Child or teen behavioral issues
- The loss of a friend or family member
- Financial or work-related stress
- Difficulty processing a divorce or breakup
Keep in mind though—these are only a few of the many different issues and areas of concern that our psychologists can assist you with, so don’t worry if your particular problem or condition isn’t being addressed in the list above. In fact, one of the great things about counseling or therapy with our providers is that it offers you the opportunity to talk through the challenges you’re faced with. In return, the feedback you provide will help you and your psychologist to create and implement coping strategies that are fitted to suit your unique needs.
How Can a Psychologist Help Me?
While our psychologists can’t wave a magic wand, opening up to them can provide you with the opportunity to experience relief from what’s bothering you. Talking with a psychologist is also easy—as licensed mental health professionals, they’re qualified to treat and diagnose different mental health disorders and conditions. Psychology sessions are commonly referred to as therapy or counseling, and usually involve a form of talk or behavioral therapy. Partnering with one of our psychologists can help you to improve your:
- Family relationships
- Communication skills
- Ability to set and hold healthy boundaries in different scenarios
- Relationship or marital problems
- Emotional regulation (in anger management or grief counseling)
Working with a Psychologist Online
To make getting therapy or counseling services even easier, our psychologists at Thriveworks in Edmond, OK are available virtually through our online counseling and therapy services. Now, it’s possible to connect with your provider anywhere, as long as you have reliable internet access and somewhere private to talk. Plus, talking online is safe; we follow the same strict APA and HIPAA guidelines virtually as we do in our in-person sessions. Online counseling or therapy could be appealing if you:
- Are anxious about speaking with a psychologist in person
- Would like to avoid commuting to a brick-and-mortar office
- Take care of elderly family members or watch after kids
- Travel or work frequently
- Have mobility or chronic health concerns that limit mobility
Book a Session with a Psychologist at Thriveworks in Edmond, OK
Prioritizing your mental health might seem like a frivolous or unnecessary task, but doing so may help us to enjoy a better quality of life and find relief from persistent mental health concerns or conditions. When you decide to move forward and call Thriveworks in Edmond, OK, you’ll be connected with someone from our team of scheduling specialists, who can assist you with each step of the membership process. After they’ve helped you find the perfect session time and provider, you’ll have access to industry-exclusive benefits, like:
- Email access to your provider: Stay in touch in between appointments. It’s another way we’ll add peace of mind to your therapy experience.
- A life coach Q/A chat line: Your questions don’t have to wait until the next appointment. Get the expert advice and insight of a Thriveworks life coach.
- Evening and weekend session times: Life can be hectic. Make the time for everyone to connect with our flexible scheduling options.
- 23.5-hour cancellation policy: Life happens, and we get it. Just let us know if you aren’t going up to 23.5 hours before your scheduled appointment and there’s no charge.
Don’t wait if you feel like talking with a psychologist could offer you the support and stability you need to better manage your mental health. Thriveworks in Edmond, OK is ready to team up with you—so let us be your companion on your road to emotional wellbeing and restored self-confidence.