You’ve probably had your fair share of stressful situations, tough emotions, and other mental challenges. It happens to everyone. However, when the issues you are having become too big to handle on your own, it might be time to ask for help. Consider the following scenarios:
- Work is extra stressful and the thought of you going home just to start your “second job” of cleaning the house and preparing dinner seems impossible. All you want to do is crawl into bed and ignore the world.
- Anytime someone calls you when you’re eating at a restaurant with friends, your heart starts racing and you feel anxious because you’re afraid of being reprimanded by your past partner.
- Your best friend notices that you’ve stopped making an effort to hang out with them in your free time. You tried to tell them you’re just tired, but they know something else is wrong, even if you don’t.
Anxiety and depression are mental illnesses that unfortunately go hand in hand. Anxiety makes you feel like you’re not doing something you’re supposed to be doing. Depression makes you feel like it doesn’t matter what you have going on and you should just do nothing instead. It’s a constant back and forth that makes you feel overwhelmed. Luckily, if you’re battling either or both of these mental illnesses, there is help readily available.
Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.” – Plato
At Thriveworks Counseling in Dumont, NJ, our anxiety and depression therapists are highly trained and experienced in helping people from all different backgrounds work through their challenges. Anxiety and depression can feel extremely isolating. But it doesn’t have to stay that way. If you need some extra guidance and support, reach out to us today.
What Do Anxiety and Depression Look Like?
As we briefly touched on before, anxiety and depression have a lot of overlapping symptoms that can make it difficult to distinguish between the two sometimes. After a period of anxiety, you might become depressed about your experience. And vice versa. Here are some common signs and symptoms of anxiety and depression:
- Symptoms of Anxiety: Fatigue, difficulty concentrating, restlessness, irritability, agitation, tension, excessive sweating, increased heartrate.
- Symptoms of Depression: Insomnia or hypersomnia, depressed mood, lack of interest in daily activities, low self-esteem, irritability, tension, and thoughts or actions of suicide.
As you can tell, a lot of symptoms overlap. If you are experiencing any or all of the ones listed above or feel like you might be battling these mental illnesses, consider reaching out to our office. Our therapists can not only help you overcome these feelings, but accurately diagnose you.
Getting Help: What to Expect
Deciding to seek out the help of a therapist isn’t always an easy decision. Plus, if you’ve never been to therapy before it may seem a little scary or intimidating. However, working with a therapist is actually pretty easy and straightforward. When you begin, your therapist will work with you to understand what your goals and needs are, as well as to help you identify where the root causes of these emotions stems from. In doing so, they’ll come up with an individualized treatment plan that aims to help you start living a happier, healthier life.
Treating anxiety and depression is possible. And treating them properly can improve your overall quality of life. Some of our clients go months, even years, with no true answers as to what is causing their pain. We’ll help you change your thoughts, attitudes, and beliefs surrounding the feelings you have in order to create more positive patterns. If you have been experiencing these difficult emotions on an ongoing basis, it may be time to contact a dedicated, trusted therapist. Recovery is possible.
Work with an Anxiety and Depression Therapist at Thriveworks Counseling in Dumont, NJ
When you feel isolated and think you don’t have anyone to turn to who understands what you’re going through, reach out for a helping hand at Thriveworks. Our team of therapists are dedicated to providing client-focused care with your needs in mind. We believe expectational client care starts with compassion.
To work with one of our anxiety and depression therapists, visit our online booking portal or give us a call at (201) 654-6401 and one of our scheduling specialists will assist you. We offer our clients added benefits including flexible scheduling options, no waitlist, and online counseling.
You can live the life you want. All you have to do is reach out. We look forward to helping you!