Online Counseling in Dumont, NJ—Mental Health Care Near You
Asking for help when it comes to your mental health isn’t something to be ashamed of. In fact, you’ve probably received guidance in one form or another already. Have you ever been a member of a sports or dance team? Have you ever sought out advice or support from a friend? Have you ever confided in a co-worker when you needed help? Have you ever seen a doctor for a sickness or physical injury? Most likely you answered yes to one, if not all, of those questions. So, if asking a friend, doctor, coach, or mentor for help when you need it is okay, why should going to a therapist be seen any differently?
Every now and then, quite unintentionally, someone taught you something about yourself. – Ian McEwan
Thanks to modern-day technology, you can get support and guidance from a trusted therapist or counselor all from the comfort of your own home. If you are in Dumont, NJ and you’re in search of mental health services, consider working with an online counselor at Thriveworks. Sometimes we need the help of an unbiased outsider to get through difficult challenges. Luckily, it’s easier than ever before to do so. Don’t let the problems in your life prevent you from living the life you want and deserve. Give us a call to get started.
What Are My Options for Online Counseling?
Getting started with online counseling is a lot easier than it may seem. All you need is access to a phone, computer, or other electronic device that allows you to connect to the internet. Here at Thriveworks Counseling, you can choose between two great, reliable options. They are…
- Telephone Counseling: This option allows you to work with your counselor over the phone instead of in-person. If you decide to schedule a telephone counseling session, your counselor will give you a call at the agreed-upon appointment time. All you have to do is answer.
- Video Counseling: Video counseling simply allows you to work with your counselor in a video chat room rather than in-person. If you choose this online counseling option, you’ll be sent a secure video link to click and join at the time of your appointment
But What if My Counselor Can’t Help Me Virtually?
At Thriveworks, our online counselors can provide you with the mental health help you’re looking for—the virtual environment does not stunt progress or growth in therapy. The only major difference is that you’re not physically in the same room with them. This means that no matter your concern, you can trust that your specific challenges can be helped. Here is a comprehensive list of the services that our clients enjoy online…
- Family therapy
- Couples therapy
- Marriage counseling
- Child therapy
- Addiction counseling
- Depression therapy
- Anxiety therapy
- Grief counseling
- Life coaching
- Trauma therapy
- Anger management
- Stress management
The list could go on. Even if you’re not exactly sure why you’re feeling the way you are or if there are too many things going on in your life to pinpoint, we can help you navigate those difficult emotions and help you understand the root cause of your issues.
The Benefits of Online Counseling
As you may have gathered already, there are many perks to choosing online counseling. To help you learn about them more, we put together this list of benefits of online counseling:
- Comfort – Talk to your counselor from your bed, the coffee shop, or wherever you feel the best to do so.
- Convenience – Your counselor is essentially right in your pocket. No more driving across town to sit in an office. Just simply pick up the phone or open your computer.
- Reliability – Outside factors like bad weather or late meetings won’t affect your appointment time.
- Effectiveness – Worried that you won’t receive the same level of care? Don’t be! Online counseling is proven to be just as effective as traditional in-person therapy.
Get Started with an Online Counselor at Thriveworks in Dumont, NJ
Just like the mentors and friends in your life already, a therapist at Thriveworks Counseling aims to be a partner in your mental health journey. They have your best interest in mind and strive to provide you with the highest level of care. If you have a challenge or issue that you need help overcoming, start with us.
At our office, we don’t operate with a waitlist so you can be sure to get into an appointment as soon as you need. Our first-time clients can talk to one of our counselors within 24 hours of their initial call. Additionally, we offer flexible scheduling options and access to scheduling specialists. To get started, all you have to do is give us a call or visit our online booking portal.