Lewis spends a lot of time listening to music—as a studio engineer, he helps musicians mix and master their songs. Lewis knows he has a job most people would love, and he enjoys the people he gets to work with. But sometimes, Lewis has a hard time separating his work from his personal life. When he’s trying to relax or is laying in bed at night, he can’t stop thinking about the project he’s working on, and how he can get the songs to sound just right.
Lewis has thought about work in his spare time before; he knows that’s common. But he’s worried about his tendency to hyper-fixate on his assignments; he’s noticing more that his job induces a lot of anxiety. That’s why Lewis wants to talk with a mental health professional, someone who can help him move forward and reduce the symptoms of his work-related anxiety.
If you’re reading this, then you might also be suffering from mental health concerns or conditions that are holding you back from enjoying many aspects of your life. If so, reach out to our team of psychologists at Thriveworks in Cypress, TX. With their expert guidance and support, you’ll be able to better manage the negative emotions you’re currently feeling.
What Is a Psychologist? How Can They Help Me?
A psychologist is a highly trained mental health professional, who most likely holds several advanced degrees related to treating and diagnosing mental health conditions. That’s at Thriveworks in Cypress, TX we encourage you to talk with our team of psychologists. When you choose to open up candidly and honestly with one of our psychologists, you’re giving them the opportunity to hear your perspective and to help you identify and manage the concerns you’re faced with.
Our psychologists can help everyday people manage situations or mental health conditions such as:
- Anxiety disorders
- Divorces and breakups
- Behavioral disorders like ADHD
- Misbehavior in children and teens
- The loss of a friend or family member
- Financial or work-related stress
- And many other conditions and life situations
Psychologists don’t just help to treat individuals—couples, family members, and even friends can all use group sessions with a shared psychologist to strengthen their relationship and improve methods of communication. Through family, couples, or friendship therapy, you and those closest to you can:
- Repair romantic relationships or marital problems
- Heal family relations
- Set and hold healthy boundaries in different scenarios
- Practice emotional regulation (in anger management or grief counseling)
- Improve communication skills and individual ability to compromise
Connect Virtually with Online Counseling
Seeing a psychologist to get the help that you deserve is even easier thanks to online counseling with Thriveworks in Cypress, TX. Thanks to our virtual services you can talk with your psychologist and attend your sessions on the go. Whether you’re traveling, working, or simply don’t want to leave the house, you can still connect and get the resources you need. As long as you have a reliable internet connection and somewhere private to talk with your psychologist, you’re set.
With online counseling, you can:
- Still prioritize your mental health without having to compromise your schedule or commute to a physical location.
- Avoid any anxiety you may feel while attending in-person sessions.
- Engage with your therapist over the phone or through video as you both explore the sources and effects of your anxiety, sadness, relationship issues, and more.
Book a Session with a Psychologist at Thriveworks in Cypress, TX
While choosing to see a psychologist is an independent choice that you’ll most likely make on your own, there’s no reason to face your mental health challenges or conditions by yourself. You can turn to our team of psychologists at Thriveworks in Cypress, TX for guidance and support. If you’re ready to start making strides towards better mental health, call our office today to talk with one of our support specialists. They can help you with every part of the enrollment process: from scheduling your first appointment, to finding the perfect provider, you can rely on our support specialists to offer you assistance seven days a week.
And when you choose to enroll with us, you’ll unlock exclusive benefits, like:
- Email access to your provider outside of sessions as needed
- Same and next day appointment options
- The digital edition of “Leaving Depression Behind” and other electronic mental health resources
- Our Therapy Buddy app—a great way to measure your progress as you advance through therapy or psychiatric care
- Evening and weekend scheduling availability
With the assistance of a psychologist at Thriveworks, you can begin to process some of the difficulties that are holding you back. At our office in Cypress, TX, our psychology team will partner with you to manage the mental health concerns and conditions affecting your quality of life.