Jake frequently finds it difficult to talk in public spaces. As he’s gotten older, managing his anxiety has been a constant challenge. In fact, he’s gone to great lengths to conceal the frustration and fear he’s faced with each time he needs to speak up at work. Dating someone has been nearly impossible, and he feels more distant from his friends and family than he’d like.
With his 30th birthday approaching, Jake feels like he’s at a crossroads. He knows that if he continues to isolate himself by letting his social anxiety control him, he’ll be lonely. But instead of facing his anxiety alone, Jake wants to talk to a mental health professional—someone with a clinical, practical understanding of anxiety. He hopes that by opening up to them, he can start to address the social anxiety that’s causing him so much pain.
Like Jake, anxiety can become a daily nuisance for many. If your anxiety feels relentless, Thriveworks in Cypress, TX has providers who can offer you relief. If you’re interested in discovering how a mental health professional can help you learn to manage your anxiety, call Thriveworks in Cypress, TX today.
Do I Have Anxiety?
Most people know when they’re anxious, but having recurrent anxiety is a different story. If you’re feeling persistent anxiety, your symptoms may include:
- Fatigue, difficulty sleeping
- Anger issues
- Decreased performance at work
- Racing thoughts, inability to concentrate
- Digestive problems
Though there are many types of anxiety disorders, some forms that we can assist with include:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD)
- Panic Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
If you have anxiety, these are only a few of the signs and disorder types that may present themselves. Regardless of your situation, talking with a mental health professional at Thriveworks in Cypress, TX could make a big difference. By communicating with one of our providers, your feedback will help you receive personalized care, based on the needs and concerns that you share.
How Can a Mental Health Professional Help?
Our providers help everyday people find relief and newfound quality of life through our mental health services. However, we offer several different types of mental health professionals to choose from, who can assist you with your anxiety in different ways. Our psychologists and therapists are a great option for those with mild or more manageable anxiety disorders. Psychologists and therapists can:
- Help family members or partners understand their loved one’s anxiety through relationship therapy or family counseling
- Use talk therapy or behavioral therapy techniques to promote your self-awareness
- Work with clients to help them develop coping mechanisms to use in the situations that matter most
And if you have a more persistent or severe case of anxiety, receiving treatment from one of our psychiatrists could be a more effective route. Psychiatrists are set apart by being both licensed medical doctors and therapists simultaneously. Psychiatrists can help with your anxiety by:
- Prescribing helpful medication that assists clients in managing the disruptive, damaging symptoms of anxiety
- Using a combination of prescription medications and therapy sessions to treat clients, as needed
Regardless of the mental health professional you’re matched with, anxiety can be a serious mental health condition that may worsen without proper professional attention. Rest assured, at Thriveworks in Cypress, TX our providers are not only industry-leading experts, but are also great listeners.
Schedule Anxiety Therapy at Thriveworks in Cypress, TX
Choosing to team up with a provider means that you’ll be able to access next-level mental health care. And we’ve made the process of finding the perfect mental health professional easy—because dealing with anxiety is hard enough already. Just call our office in Cypress, TX and our scheduling specialists will assist you with each step in the membership process. With their help, you can easily find the provider that fits your needs, and schedule your first session.
When you choose to become a member with Thriveworks, you’ll get access to exclusive insider benefits including:
- Weekend and evening openings
- Email communication with your provider between appointments
- Same and next-day appointments
- The ability to cancel up until 23.5 hours before your scheduled appointment
- Our life coach Q/A chat, for those questions that can’t wait until your next session
- Our Therapy Buddy app, designed to measure your personal progress as you advance through your treatment program
Maybe you’ve been fending off your anxiety for quite some time, and are just ready to find an ally. You can reach out to us—whether you talk with a therapist, a psychologist, or a psychiatrist, Thriveworks offers personalized care. It’s part of our commitment to helping you better understand and manage your anxiety. When you make the decision to seek professional assistance with anxiety and more, call our office in Cypress, TX.