Zach and Mary have been married for only a few years, and after a string of continued fights lasting several months, they’re both considering whether they’ll need to call it quits. Even though they’ve tried to talk to one another to settle things, it seems like every argument starts because of their buried resentment that lurks below the surface of every argument. Just when it seems like things are going to improve, Zach and Mary head straight into another fight.
But finally last night, Zach changed his mind, deciding that they needed to find another solution—one that involves talking to a marriage counselor about their situation. Though Mary was at first a little surprised, she agrees that they need a mediator, someone who can help them to find common ground once again. They both know that their relationship is worthwhile, and now more than ever, they need to reconnect.
Like Zach and Mary, it’s possible that you and your partner are also experiencing relationship or marriage difficulties that are harming your connection, and driving distance between both of you. At Thriveworks in Cypress, TX we’d like to offer you hope through couples therapy or marriage counseling. With help from one of our mental health professionals, you and the one you love can start to repair the relationship that you hold close.
Should We Talk with a Couples Therapist or Marriage Counselor?
It’s up to both parties in the relationship to decide if they need to seek professional assistance. But if you decide that you’d like to work with a therapist or counselor, you’ll be making a choice that prioritizes your relationship and offers you the support and guidance of a provider who cares. Though each relationship is different, there are common signs of unhealthy dynamics that may be able to be improved via therapy or counseling, including:
- Avoiding physical touch or sex
- Lying and other forms of emotional manipulation
- Arguments that last for hours or days
- Passive-aggressive or abusive behavior
- Inability to respect each other’s boundaries
These are just a few of the many different ways that negative emotions and behaviors can harm your relationship. If your relationship with your partner has been compromised by other actions or behaviors, you can still talk with one of our mental health professionals.
Can Therapy or Counseling Improve Our Relationship?
At Thriveworks in Cypress, TX we believe that anyone can benefit from couples therapy or marriage counseling, regardless of their relationship’s dynamics or the length of time they’ve been with their partner. This is due in part to the fact that every relationship can be improved—communication skills, our ability to empathize or listen, can all be honed. These are just a few of the points that a marriage counselor or couples therapist can help you with.
When you both partner with one of our providers, they’ll help you to:
- Establish healthy boundaries
- Highlight the importance and need for compromise
- Rebuild trust after infidelity or dishonesty
- Rekindle sexual intimacy together
- Help both partners manage anger or anxiety
And with our online counseling and therapy options, it’s easy to still prioritize your relationship, even if you’re attending your session in person. Talk with your partner and your provider from the office, home, or on the go with online counseling and therapy through Thriveworks in Cypress, TX.
Schedule Couples Therapy at Thriveworks in Cypress, TX
When you and you and your partner feel ready, reach out to Thriveworks in Cypress, TX for marriage counseling or couples therapy. Call our office; our support team will help you find a provider who cares about helping you improve your relationship. And when you become a clients, you’ll gain access to a great variety of exclusive benefits, including:
- Online therapy: With online therapy, moving your relationship forward doesn’t need to be held up by your busy schedule or time spent apart for work or travel. As long as you can talk privately, and get access to the internet, you and your partner can still attend sessions together.
- Scheduling assistance 7 days a week: Our scheduling specialists are available every day of the week, helping you find the right counselor to fit your needs and the schedule that fits both of your lives.
- Weekend and evening session times: Enjoy greater flexibility than most other providers can offer; expand your scheduling options with our evening and weekend session times.
- Flexibility: We offer it, especially when it comes to canceling or rescheduling sessions.
- Life coach q/a chat line: For those questions that can’t wait until your next session.
If you’re both interested in connecting with a couples therapist or marriage counselor, contact Thriveworks in Cypress, TX to get back on the right track. Issues in romantic relationships can be difficult to fix on your own, and when dynamics turn negative, consistent fights and arguments can harm your bond. With guidance from the mental health professionals at Thriveworks, you’ll be able to get your relationship back on the right track.