Book a Therapy Session at Thriveworks Counseling Colorado Springs, Virtual or Online
At some point, many people decide to improve and prioritize their physical health: they eat better, they exercise more frequently, they finally get those 8 hours of sleep, and they check in regularly with their doctor. But they fall short of improving and prioritizing their mental health—often, because they don’t realize just how important it is, they aren’t sure of what changes to make, or they’re afraid to admit that they’re struggling in this way.
“I wish that people could understand that the brain is the most important organ in your body. Just because you can’t see it like you can see a broken bone doesn’t mean it’s not as detrimental and devastating to a family or an individual.” –Demi Lovato
In reality, our mental health—or our emotional and psychological health—is crucial to our overall wellbeing. It affects how we think, how we feel, and how we function in our day to day. Additionally, there are many factors that affect our mental health, and determining what changes we need to make to improve our mental health isn’t always easy. That’s one reason why working with a mental health professional is important.
If you are struggling and think you could benefit from working with a counselor or therapist, consider scheduling an appointment at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Colorado Springs. The providers at Thriveworks can help you to determine healthy lifestyle changes, as well as assist you with understanding and coping with mental illness, working through relationship issues, dealing with grief and loss, and so much more. Whatever it is you need help with, or whether you choose in-person counseling or online therapy, a Thriveworks counselor or therapist is happy to step in and provide that help.
What Mental Health Services Are Offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Colorado Springs?
Here’s a list of the main mental health services offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Colorado Springs:
- Individual counseling
- Couples therapy/marriage counseling
- Family counseling
- Child therapy and teen counseling
- Psychiatry and medication management
Through counseling, therapy, and/or psychiatry services, we help with a range of mental health conditions and other challenges, including:
- Eating disorders
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse/issues
- Sleep problems
Our providers — from therapists/counselors to psychologists, psychiatrists, and nurse practitioners — specialize in a range of counseling approaches, but they’ll cater your treatment to your unique preferences and needs. They might utilize:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Strength-based counseling
- Solution-focused therapy
- Christian counseling
- Emotionally-focused therapy
- Family systems
- Motivational interviewing
How Can Counseling, Therapy, or Psychiatry Help Me?
The mental health professionals at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Colorado Springs are experts in their field. They help their clients with various challenges, from those listed above—mental illnesses, relationship problems, grief and loss—to others like:
- Anger management
- Loneliness and social isolation
- Negative thoughts and feelings
- Parenting decisions
- Career changes
These are just common topics discussed in therapy. Our counselors can help you with other mental health challenges that pose a problem to your overall livelihood. Our board-certified psychiatrists are available completely virtually, and can prescribe medication and meet with you regularly online for medication management. Whether you’re looking for individual therapy, couples counseling, career coaching, or another form of mental health help, Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Colorado Springs can help. We’ll lay out a few examples for you to give you a clearer picture:
- We all experience stress, but according to the American Psychological Association (APA), 44% of Americas are experiencing more stress than ever before. The good news is a counselor can help stressed individuals to better manage their stress and even eliminate significant stressors. For example, if you are working long hours at work and feel like you can’t catch a break, your counselor will help you to identify and implement techniques for “leaving work at work” and remaining calm in stressful situations while at work. These techniques might include mindfulness or journaling.
- It’s rare to enter a relationship that is happy and agreeable 24/7. There are often issues that arise, from mere disagreement about what to make for dinner this week to jealousy, commitment issues, and poor communication. Whatever problem you and your significant other are facing, a mental health professional can offer valuable assistance. A counselor, psychiatrist, or therapist at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Colorado Springs will work to understand the problem at hand, your needs, and your goals for therapy. Then, they will design your couples counseling sessions around this information.
- There are around 450 million people in the world right now suffering from a mental illness. Be it depression, anxiety, anorexia, post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD), substance abuse, or another disorder. These illnesses often come with crippling symptoms that can change life as you know it if they aren’t managed properly. Fortunately, a mental health provider can help you to address, understand, and manage these illnesses. Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Colorado Springs offers a judgment-free zone for you to share your experience and your feelings without fear. Open up to your counselor or therapist and they can offer customizable treatment to best help you.
Schedule an Appointment at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Colorado Springs
We understand that admitting you need help and seeking that help isn’t always easy to do. But we also know that taking that leap and getting the mental health help that you need is necessary. If you are struggling, employ the help of a provider at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Colorado Springs. Whenever you’re ready to receive help, we’re ready to provide it in in-person counseling or online counseling therapy.
If you want to schedule an appointment now, just give us a call. A scheduling specialist will ask you a few basic questions and then get you all set up with a counselor or therapist who can best help with your unique circumstances. We look forward to working with you!
Where Is Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Colorado Springs Located?
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Colorado Springs is located at 1230 Tenderfoot Hill Rd Suite 305, Colorado Springs, CO 80906. We currently share a building with Colorado Family Counseling Center. We’re just to the west of CanAm Highway. If you have trouble finding our office or have any questions about how to get here, please don’t hesitate to reach out!