Matt has been struggling since his car crash. He wasn’t injured and everyone else in the wreck was alright –– but he’s having trouble getting back into a vehicle. The thought of driving fills him with fear and anxiety and he hasn’t been in a car for a month. He wants to talk to a therapist to help work through his trauma but doesn’t think he can commit to driving into an office. Thankfully, Matt has options.
Lots of things can prevent us from meeting with a counselor or therapist in person. Maybe you work long hours, have children, or just don’t have the time to drive to an office. There’s an option that can alleviate many of these issues –– online counseling.
Online therapy or counseling lets you get all of the benefits of face-to-face therapy but from the comfort of your own home, office, or anywhere you’d like. Many of our clients love the added convenience and flexibility that it provides.
If you’ve ever struggled with a mental health issue and want support, consider reaching out to a professional from Thriveworks Counseling in Arlington, TX. Call our office today or use our online scheduling tool to get started.
Is Online Therapy a Good Option?
Telehealth has grown in recent years –– many people meet with their primary care physician remotely. Online counseling is another way that health care professionals can work with clients over the internet.
Therapy and counseling translate well to a digital environment because they are talk-based. Most types of therapy are offered online, including:
- Depression therapy
- Anxiety therapy
- Premarital counseling
- Marriage counseling and couples therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Grief and loss counseling
- PTSD counseling and trauma therapy
- Anger and stress management
- Life coaching and career counseling
- Eating disorder counseling
The actual mental health treatment you’ll receive from online therapy is the same it would be when working with a professional face-to-face. Your provider will get to know you and develop a personalized treatment plan to help you tackle your mental health challenges.
Working with a mental health professional over the internet can help you with any kind of mental distress. If you’re struggling and want support, consider reaching out to an online therapist or counselor at Thriveworks Counseling in Arlington, TX.
Types of Online Therapy and the Benefits of Each
Online counseling is very similar to traditional therapy –– the biggest difference is that you’ll meet with your counselor or therapist remotely. If you decide to start online therapy, you’ll be working with a licensed mental health professional over the phone or through a video chat. Here are a few benefits of each option:
- Phone therapy: Many of our clients love working with a licensed counselor or therapist over the phone. Are you nervous about the thought of therapy or counseling? Working with a provider over the phone could help you be more comfortable. Some people also love phone-based therapy because it helps them focus on the discussion with their provider without any distractions. If you decide to work with your provider over the phone, you’ll receive a phone call when it’s time for your appointment. It’s that simple.
- Video therapy: Another great option for online therapy is through a video call. Video calls can work well for anyone who prefers a face-to-face conversation and feels like they can develop a better connection this way. Therapy or counseling over a video call is also incredibly easy. You’ll receive a link before it’s time for your session –– simply click the link when it’s time to get started.
Many of our clients love seeing online therapists or counselors because it gives them all of the same benefits of in-person therapy with added flexibility. Consider setting up an appointment today if you’ve been looking for mental health support.
Thriveworks in Arlington, TX –– Schedule a Remote Counseling Session
Thriveworks Counseling in Arlington, TX has appointments available with counselors or therapists online. If you want to work with a licensed counselor or therapist from the comfort of your own home, give us a call today.
We offer evening and weekend hours to make sure you can find an appointment that works for you. Getting started is simple, just call our office or use our online scheduling tool –– many of our new clients can meet with a professional within 24-48 hours of reaching out.
Working with a licensed professional counselor from Thriveworks gives you perks beyond incredible mental health care. You’ll have access to providers between sessions via phone and email, exclusive eBook and video resources, and our counselor-moderated community discussion forum. We also accept health insurance from most major providers.
We want to help you live your best life. Call us today at Thriveworks Counseling in Arlington, TX if you’ve ever wanted to work with a mental health professional. Our scheduling team can answer any questions you have and get you set up with your first appointment.