If you live near the mountains, psychological research suggests that you might be more open to experience, but have a “less agreeable” personality. Does this frontier mentality strike a chord for you? Or are you perhaps an outlier in Salt Lake County?
If these sorts of psychological questions interest you, you may already have the introspective tendencies to make you a great candidate for counseling. But even if you don’t care what your proximity to the mountains might mean about your personality traits, an exceptional therapist at Thriveworks can help show you how psychological concepts inform your daily interactions and behavior.
Counselors at Thriveworks Counseling Taylorsville are fully licensed and highly qualified to offer mental health support for all varieties of human concerns and roadblocks. You don’t need to have a mental health disorder like clinical depression or anxiety in order to see a counselor—though we help those individuals, too. Everyone can benefit from the caring, professional guidance our counselors provide. When you’re having car trouble, you hire a mechanic to look under the hood. When you’re having life trouble, you seek a Thriveworks counselor who can help you navigate what’s going wrong.
Kinds of Mental Health Providers
There are many different kinds of mental health providers at Thriveworks Counseling Taylorsville but this handy list can help you understand what might be the best match for you:
- Psychologists (PsyDs or PhDs) who do psychotherapy
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs) who support couples and families
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs) who do psychotherapy and help with life management
- Clinical mental health counselors (CMHCs) who do psychotherapy
- Substance use disorder counselor (SUDCs) who treat substance abuse and addiction issues
If you still don’t know what kind of mental health provider to choose at Thriveworks, we can help match you to the right expert when you call our office.
What Mental Health Services Are Offered at Thriveworks Counseling Taylorsville?
Here’s a list of the main mental health services offered at Thriveworks Counseling Taylorsville:
- Individual counseling
- Couples therapy/marriage counseling
- Family counseling
- Child therapy and teen counseling
Through therapy and counseling services, we help with a range of mental health conditions and other challenges, including:
- Eating disorders
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse/issues
- Sleep problems
Our providers — from therapists and counselors to psychologists — specialize in a range of counseling approaches, but they’ll cater your treatment to your unique preferences and needs. They might utilize:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Strength-based counseling
- Solution-focused therapy
- Christian counseling
- Emotionally-focused therapy
- Family systems
- Motivational interviewing
What Is It Like to See a Therapist for the First Time?
Reaching out to a therapist for the first time can be intimidating if you don’t know what to expect. Let’s start with the basics. Most therapy appointments take under an hour, usually about 45 minutes. How that time is used depends on the therapist and the client. Therapists at Thriveworks Counseling Taylorsville welcome client feedback into the therapeutic process and conduct frequent check-ins to see what’s working and what needs modification. In a counseling appointment, you might experience any of the following:
- a discussion of your symptoms
- a discussion of your therapy goals
- a self-assessment
- psychological and physical tests
- a discussion of your full medical history
- a discussion of your family’s relevant medical history
- mood charting
- a psychosocial evaluation
- education about psychological symptoms and disorders
- education about different medications and their potential side effects
- a treatment plan
- icebreaker questions and activities (in the case of family therapy)
An initial psychological evaluation may occur over the course of one or several sessions with your counselor. How long therapy lasts depends on your unique issues and your goals. An individual with a chronic but manageable illness like bipolar disorder may need to see their therapist regularly for many years. A couple going through marriage difficulties may only need a handful of solution-focused sessions with a Thriveworks couples counselor. You and your therapist can decide on the best treatment plan together.
Schedule with Thriveworks Counseling Taylorsville
Your supportive counseling sessions with an exceptional licensed counselor are the core reason why our clients love Thriveworks Counseling Taylorsville—but we also offer many added membership benefits like phone and email access to your therapist between appointments, and our Ask-a-Coach 24hr Q&A feature. Call us today and find out why this is the best time to schedule a session with your top-rated Thriveworks counselor. We look forward to hearing from you!
Where Is Thriveworks Counseling Taylorsville Located?
Thriveworks Counseling Taylorsville is located at 2880 W 4700 S Suite B2, Taylorsville, UT 84129. We currently share a building with United Concepts and Realize Structural Engineering. If you have trouble finding our office or have any questions about how to get here, please don’t hesitate to reach out!