When you think of your health, what comes to mind first? Likely, it’s all physical: your heart, your lungs, your skin. Not many people think about their mental health, which is just as important to their overall well-being as their physical state.
We all have bad days and go through difficult times in our lives. So when is the right time to speak with a licensed professional?
It’s different for every person but a general rule of thumb is this: When mental, emotional, and behavioral health issues are getting in the way of your ability to live your life the way you want, it may be worth working with a counselor or therapist. Doing so will allow you to take steps to reduce your symptoms and move beyond whatever issues are weighing you down.
If the thought of mental health services intimidates you, know that you aren’t alone. Traditional therapy sessions conducted with someone in an office setting aren’t for everyone. That’s why Thriveworks in Salt Lake City, UT offers scientifically-proven therapies remotely — either by video chat or phone call — to help our clients take the next step in their mental health journeys.
Online counseling is a great alternative for people who don’t have the ability to commute or simply feel more at ease speaking with a licensed professional from the comfort of their own homes. At Thriveworks, we believe that therapy should be accessible and convenient for anyone. All you need in order to benefit from our online therapy services is internet and a smart device that allows you to join a video chatroom or simply a telephone.
If you’re ready to take back control of your life, consider scheduling an online therapy appointment with our team at Thriveworks in Salt Lake City, UT.
Most Common Types of Online Therapy Services
Since the basis of therapy involves developing an open dialogue with a licensed professional about your concerns and symptoms, we are able to offer most forms of traditional therapy in a remote setting as well. Studies show online counseling can be just as effective and many clients find it to be just as helpful as in-person therapy, but with the added convenience.
Some of the most common online therapy services at Thriveworks include:
- Marriage counseling and couples therapy
- Depression therapy and anxiety therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Family therapy and child therapy
- PTSD counseling and trauma therapy
- Grief and loss counseling
- LGBTQ+ counseling
- Sexual assault counseling
- Life coaching
- Career counseling
If you think you might benefit from one of these services, give us a call at Thriveworks in Salt Lake City, UT to set up your first appointment.
3 Reasons To Try Online Therapy
Online therapy offers several benefits, including the following:
- It can be less time-consuming: Online counseling cuts out the need for a timely commute. This is also beneficial for our clients who do not have easy access to a vehicle or public transportation. At Thriveworks in Salt Lake City, your session is only as far away as your computer. This makes it a lot easier to fit therapy into your busy schedule.
- It can be less expensive: Commuting costs can add up. An online session saves money on gas and mileage, or public transportation fees for individuals who don’t own a car. This can go a long way toward making therapy more affordable. (Plus, insurance often covers remote therapy appointments!)
- It can be less stressful: Many people with depression, anxiety, and other emotional disorders may feel stressed at the thought of an in-person therapy visit. Remote therapy appointments are as easy as picking up the phone or opening a video session. If you’d like to come into the office after you get more comfortable, we would be more than happy to schedule an in-person appointment with you when you feel ready.
Of course, one of the biggest benefits you can get from online sessions with a licensed therapist is the same you would get from traditional therapy — you can reduce your symptoms and get your life back on track. When you’re ready to feel the relief that therapy can provide, click or call to schedule an appointment with a licensed mental health professional at Thriveworks in Salt Lake City, UT.
Schedule a Remote Therapy Appointment at Thriveworks in Salt Lake City, UT
At Thriveworks in Salt Lake City, UT, our online counseling sessions make it easy for you to get the help you need from the comfort of your home. Here are some other conveniences we offer:
- New clients can often get seen by a counselor in the same week as scheduling.
- We offer early morning, evening, and weekend appointments, making it easy to fit sessions into your schedule.
- We offer a flexible cancellation policy and rescheduling support via text message.
- We accept insurance from most major providers.
- Clients can communicate with counselors via phone or email if anything comes up between sessions.
- Clients have access to our online counselor-moderated community forums.
- Clients benefit from exclusive video content and a free e-copy of “Leaving Depression Behind.”
Our online therapists at Thriveworks in Salt Lake City, UT make it easy to get started. Pick up the phone and give us a call to set up your first appointment.