We all get stuck in our own thoughts from time to time. Modern life can be incredibly stressful between work, school, parenting, finances, and maintaining relationships. Life can feel like it’s moving at a breakneck pace and it can be difficult for us to take time to care for ourselves.
You might feel pressure to always be strong and not reach out for help. You might feel stressed, sad, uncertain, or otherwise stuck. You might even be experiencing scary symptoms of a mental health disorder.
You don’t have to go through these challenging times alone. Working with a counselor, therapist, psychologist, or psychiatrist can provide the support you need to reduce symptoms and get through difficult times.
We want you to know that support is available. Working with a licensed mental health professional from Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sugar Land can help you chart a healthier, happier path forward.
Reasons To Try Therapy or Counseling
Your life and your specific challenges are unique to you. It’s impossible to list all of the reasons why you might want to work with a licensed professional counselor but here are some common examples:
- You’re having trouble communicating with others at work, school, or in your personal relationships.
- Anxiety, depression, or symptoms of another mental health condition are impacting your life.
- Situations in your life are putting you under a lot of stress and you need helping find ways to cope.
- You’re struggling to get through a difficult loss in your life.
So many people think that therapy or counseling is only for those with severe mental illness but that’s not the case. Life is filled with difficult times and working with a mental health professional can help people with mental health challenges, both big and small.
If you’re ready to schedule a counseling or therapy session, consider calling Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sugar Land today.
Therapy or Counseling Options Available
There are many different types of therapy, including:
- Anxiety therapy
- Bipolar disorder therapy
- Panic disorder therapy
- Career counseling
- Life coaching
- Child, teen, and adolescent counseling
- Depression therapy
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) therapy
- Grief and loss counseling
- Relationship and marriage counseling
- Family therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
This isn’t an exhaustive list of services and you can expect your counselor or therapist to work with you to determine what kind of support is best for you. This process usually involves a few primary steps:
- Your therapist or counselor will get to know you during your first session. You’ll discuss your challenges, symptoms, and goals.
- Your provider will create an individualized treatment plan that will help you achieve your goals. This will usually involve some type of talk therapy and might include prescription medication as well, as needed.
- You will work with your provider over the course of future sessions. Each session will be different –– you might discuss a symptom you’re experiencing, solve a particular problem you’re facing, or talk about ways to manage stress in your life.
Therapy can be a long-term or short-term process depending on your needs. No matter what you’re looking to get out of therapy, your provider will create a judgment-free space for you to discuss your issues and concerns.
If you’d like to take the next step on your mental health journey, consider calling our office at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sugar Land.
Online Psychiatry: What To Expect
Our completely virtual psychiatric sessions are staffed by psychiatrists who specialize in diagnosing, treating, and managing mental illnesses. The biggest difference between a psychiatrist and any other mental health professional is that a psychiatrist attends medical school and earns a medical degree. They’re doctors with a focus on mental illness, which helps them understand the connection between your physical health and mental health.
Working with a psychiatrist can help anyone suffering from mild or severe cases of mental conditions like depression, anxiety, or bipolar disorder. They’re able to administer the full range of treatment options, including prescription medications and psychotherapy.
Our psychiatrists work with their clients through convenient online sessions –– contact us today if you’d like to set up a phone or video appointment at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sugar Land.
Schedule at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sugar Land
Working with a mental health professional can help you achieve your goals, learn about yourself, and find more happiness in your life. Call us today to get started with a therapist, psychologist, psychiatrist, or counselor from Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sugar Land. Our scheduling team will find a time that works for you and answer any questions you have about the process.
We know finding time for mental health care can be difficult. That’s why we offer weekend and evening appointments, online therapy sessions via phone or video chat, and a flexible cancellation policy –– simply contact us up to 23.5 hours before your session to reschedule.
We don’t believe in waitlists and you might be able to work with a provider more quickly than you think. Some of our new clients can have their first session within 24-48 hours after calling. We also accept many major health insurance plans to help make our services more affordable and accessible.
If you want to start working on improving your mental health, consider calling Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sugar Land. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
What Mental Health Services Are Offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sugar Land?
Here’s a list of the main mental health services offered at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sugar Land:
- Individual counseling
- Couples therapy/marriage counseling
- Family counseling
- Child therapy and teen counseling
- Psychiatry and medication management
Through counseling, therapy, and/or psychiatry services, we help with a range of mental health conditions and other challenges, including:
- Eating disorders
- LGBTQ+ issues
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse/issues
- Sleep problems
Our providers — from therapists/counselors to psychologists, psychiatrists, and nurse practitioners — specialize in a range of counseling approaches, but they’ll cater your treatment to your unique preferences and needs. They might utilize:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Strength-based counseling
- Solution-focused therapy
- Christian counseling
- Emotionally-focused therapy
- Family systems
- Motivational interviewing
Where Is Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sugar Land, TX
Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sugar Land, TX is located at 5819 Hwy 6 Suite 255, Missouri City, TX 77459. We currently share a building with Sugar Land Electrolysis and Texas Farm Bureau Insurance. If you have trouble finding our office or have any questions about how to get here, please don’t hesitate to reach out!