We all get stuck in our own thoughts from time to time. Modern life can be incredibly stressful between work, school, parenting, finances, and maintaining relationships. Life can feel like it’s moving at a breakneck pace and it can be difficult for us to take time to care for ourselves.
You don’t have to go through these challenging times alone. Working with a licensed mental health professional from Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sugar Land can help you chart a healthier, happier path forward.
Reasons To Try Therapy or Counseling
Your life and your specific challenges are unique to you. It’s impossible to list all of the reasons why you might want to work with a licensed professional counselor but here are some common examples:
- You’re having trouble communicating with others at work, school, or in your personal relationships.
- Anxiety, depression, or symptoms of another mental health condition are impacting your life.
- Situations in your life are putting you under a lot of stress and you need helping find ways to cope.
- You’re struggling to get through a difficult loss in your life.
So many people think that therapy or counseling is only for those with severe mental illness but that’s not the case. Life is filled with difficult times and working with a mental health professional can help people with mental health challenges, both big and small.
If you’re ready to schedule a counseling or therapy session, consider calling Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sugar Land today.
What Is the Difference Between Therapy, Counseling, and Psychiatry?
Therapy, provided by our counselors and therapists, addresses emotional and behavioral challenges using therapeutic techniques for mental well-being. Counseling, offered by counselors or therapists, focuses on specific issues and life adjustments, while psychiatry, led by our psychiatric nurse practitioners, involves diagnosing and treating mental health conditions with medication.
What Are the Types of Therapists You Can See?
While availability may vary, at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sugar Land, we offer:
- Licensed Mental Health Counselors (LMHCs): Trained to provide mental health counseling.
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW): Specialized in social work and counseling for individuals, families, and groups.
- Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCs): Trained to offer counseling services for various emotional and mental health issues.
When you connect with a provider at Thriveworks, you’ll be sharing your experience with an industry-leading expert; someone with the experience and professional insight you need to move forward.
How Do I Find the Right Therapist?
To find the right therapist or therapeutic approach at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sugar Land, browse our provider profiles, or contact your local office at (346) 236-0763 to discuss your needs and preferences with our helpful support team.
Are the Therapists at Thriveworks Licensed and Verified to Provide Therapy?
Yes, all of our therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners are licensed or in the process of receiving their licensure.
What Are the Benefits of Online Therapy and In-Person Therapy?
The benefits of online therapy include:
- Convenience and accessibility from anywhere
- Reduced travel time and costs
- Comfortable and familiar environment
- A wider selection of therapists to choose from
- The benefits of in-person therapy include:
- Face-to-face interaction and non-verbal cues
- No reliance on internet connection or technology
- Privacy and confidentiality in a physical office
Signs I Should Go to Therapy
Some of the signs you might benefit from therapy or psychiatric services include:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, or hopelessness
- Difficulty managing and coping with daily stress
- Strained or troubled relationships with family, friends, or partners
- Overwhelming grief after a significant loss
- Frequent mood swings, anger, or irritability
- Changes in appetite, sleep patterns, or energy levels
- Unresolved trauma or past experiences affecting your well-being
- Struggles with addictive behaviors or substance abuse
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Overwhelming feelings of guilt, shame, or worthlessness
Don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our providers if you’re feeling any of these symptoms.
What Should I Do If a Loved One Needs Help?
If you have a loved one who is need of mental health services, you can help them by attempting to:
- Communicate openly and non-judgmentally
- Offer support and encourage them to seek professional help
- Research and connect them with appropriate resources
- Be patient and maintain a supportive presence throughout their journey to recovery
Our experienced therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners can assist—don’t hesitate to have the individual you love seek help and support.
How Much Does Therapy Cost?
At Thriveworks, we take most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session (for both in-person and online sessions) depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
Schedule at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sugar Land
Working with a mental health professional can help you achieve your goals, learn about yourself, and find more happiness in your life. Call us today to get started with a therapist, psychologist, psychiatrist, or counselor from Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sugar Land. Our scheduling team will find a time that works for you and answer any questions you have about the process.
We know finding time for mental health care can be difficult. That’s why we offer weekend and evening appointments, online therapy sessions via phone or video chat, and a flexible cancellation policy.
We don’t believe in waitlists and you might be able to work with a provider more quickly than you think. Some of our new clients can have their first session within 24-48 hours after calling. We also accept many major health insurance plans to help make our services more affordable and accessible.
If you want to start working on improving your mental health, consider calling Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Sugar Land. We look forward to hearing from you soon.